Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Randy D
Thebigd
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The usta be FRINGE of extreme-right worldwide is becoming mainstream. But simultaneously a RESISTANCE to it is growing. Who will win? Why?

The usta be FRINGE of extreme-right worldwide is becoming mainstream. But simultaneously a RESISTANCE to it is growing. Who will win? Why?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

Things come and go in cycles. It was de rigeur in Germany in the 1930s.
      April 24, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

Which means we are doomed to keep repeating the past because we refuse to learn from it. That makes no sense to me. Does it make sense to thee Sbf? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 25, 2017 4:14 AM MDT

When I was a young man, I asked an elderly gentleman why we were still making the same mistakes his generation made. He replied, "It's because you won't listen. I'm not condemning your generation, it's a failing of youth. I didn't listen when I was your age, either."
      April 25, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

So we are genetically predisposed to not listen? SIGH. Thank you for your reply Sbf. Where do we go next? Does it matter? Won't we keep going around in circular cycles to infinity and beyond forever after?
      April 25, 2017 5:17 AM MDT

• I agree with Slartibartfast. I truly believe history goes in cycles (because evidence shows that it does). This is just the part of the cycle that I don't enjoy. I only hope it doesn't lead to a massive destructive war. 
      April 24, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

So when we refuse to learn from the past we are doomed to repeat it. Why don't we learn? Thank you for your reply NevanB and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      April 25, 2017 4:13 AM MDT