Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If Hillary was President could she solve the North Korean problem?

If Hillary was President could she solve the North Korean problem?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

If pigs had wings, could they fly?
    If your aunt had balls, would she be your uncle?

Those things are just as likely to happen as Hillary being president.
      April 24, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

• I want to say that it's almost a certain NO.   The USA would be in the same kind of political turmoil with an extremely disillusioned public and it's that chaos in our political structure that the DPRK is trying to use and seize to instigate  and take a power advantage of.  Regardless of who won out of those two it would have created the same internal political conflicts that are encouraging them to flex their muscles and see what they can get out of it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 24, 2017 6:50 PM MDT
      April 24, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

• The DPRK problem has existed for a very long time.  It's merely a delusion to think that either Trump  or Clinton could manage to pull off what many people smarter than either of them could not accomplish.

This is nothing more that political posturing and we would be in the same predicament regardless of which of the two were in office. 

I guess the real question is: Who would be the most dangerous in this position as it pertains to NK? Trump through stupidity & ignorance or Clinton through cold, calculated willful intent.

Like it or not...Clinton is a bigger war hawk and much more savvy when it comes to political relations.
      April 24, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

• I mean, none of our former Presidents have been able to, so there's no reason to think that she could. I can, however, confidently say that she would not cause the end of human civilization over it, which I cannot say about Trump.
      April 24, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

Hillary would have solved the North Korean problem by not trying to solve it. She wouldn't have shot America's relationship with China down in flames, so the Chinese would have been keener to slap their "problem child" down themselves.
    NK can be safely ignored, Jong Un is posturing but it's empty. One missile heads towards the US or Japan, it can be taken out with an interceptor and then Pyongyang is a cloud of fallout. Retaliation is the only excuse the world will accept for using a nuke.
    Trump's insecurity and insatiable need for approval could well blow this out of the water, however. King Log is always preferable to King Stork, Trump is the latter.
      April 24, 2017 6:48 PM MDT

• DPRK's relationships are much greater turmoil and danger of falling apart right now than ours are.   DPRK are starting to lose China.
      April 24, 2017 6:52 PM MDT

• LOL! That's a good one. Hillary being President. Alright alright. I'll be serious. LOL! That's a good one. Hillary being President.
      April 24, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

• The way she solved the Benghazi crisis!
      April 24, 2017 9:27 PM MDT