Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You cannot bring back jobs that no longer exist making things people no longer want/use. What you CAN DO is retrain them. Will Trump?

You cannot bring back jobs that no longer exist making things people no longer want/use. What you CAN DO is retrain them. Will Trump?

I never hear Trump talking about retraining people to do new jobs. Do you? Why isn't education/retraining a Trump TOP PRIORITY?

Posted - April 25, 2017

Responses

The jobs we are talking about are not jobs that don't exist. They are jobs that left the country. Because of taxes and regulation.
      April 25, 2017 9:00 AM MDT

So Trump washes his hands of everything else? No innovation? No clear-eyed and determined effort to put people to work? Not on his list of things to do? Seriously m2c. Is there anything you won't defend him for doing or not doing? Thank you for your reply. Wouldn't an education-oriented prez  who believed in giving people the tools they need to better themselves to get better jobs be a good thing? Or are you against education too? SIGH.  Why?
      April 25, 2017 9:16 AM MDT

Cutting taxes and regulation do put people to work. Going to school doesn't help the worker who needs to pay the mortgage now. Yes of course bettering myself is always good. But what good is it is my company I was planning on move up in using my new schooling is gone. Do I have to choose school or rent? I know your answer is there are programs to help while you are in school. Or student loans etc. But still not as good as having a good job while going back. 
    Why not do what we can to bring back jobs and KEEP the ones we still have?
      April 25, 2017 9:25 AM MDT

• Shouldn't it be the companies responsibility to train their employees? 
      April 25, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Come now, surley driving buggys will become fashionable again. And buggy whips are always useful for whipping lazy workers. Soon there will be a demand for buggy whips again. http://born2buggy.org/index.html This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at April 25, 2017 10:53 AM MDT
      April 25, 2017 10:48 AM MDT

only time will tell
      April 27, 2017 4:42 PM MDT