Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many jobs does Trump plan to "bring back" that were sent elsewhere? Millions/Hundreds of Thousands/Thousands/Hundreds/A dozen? Anyone?

How many jobs does Trump plan to "bring back" that were sent elsewhere? Millions/Hundreds of Thousands/Thousands/Hundreds/A dozen? Anyone?

Posted - April 25, 2017

Responses

hopefully a lot since i could use one of them
      April 25, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

I hate to break this to you Rosie, I know you believe every word he says :P but it ain't gonna happen... I am afraid this is Trump talking out of his **** again... This is one of those things that's easy peasy to say and the gullible really want to hear it... but I am afraid it just doesn't work like that...  and what's more Trumpet really hasn't a clue how to make it happen anyway
      April 25, 2017 11:24 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahaha!  Funnee hunnee! "I know you believe every word he says". Right! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! More big empty blathertalk from Doofus Donny. You realize that some folks voted for him SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE he vowed to  bring jobs back, right? I pity THEM! Thank you for your reply Addb  and Happy Wesnesday to thee! :)
      April 26, 2017 3:56 AM MDT

The giant appliance maker, Whirlpool, was having certain parts made in Mexico. The Mexicans were just not soldering the wires correctly, so the parts were finished here in the USA.
      April 25, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

So does that make them "made in  America" or "contributed to by Americans"  bh? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :)
      April 26, 2017 3:57 AM MDT

It's not outsourcing that has killed off the majority of manufacturing jobs, but rampant capitalism in the form of automation. Robots are able to work 24/7, and don't require wages, health plans, social security etc.
      April 25, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

Robots do the work that people cannot do safely. 
      April 25, 2017 9:34 PM MDT

Robots do the repetitive stuff that people can do perfectly safely but want to be paid for.
      April 26, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

You're the first person besides me who harps on that Sbf. Trump NEVER talks about it. EVER. Neither does anyone else. More jobs have been lost to automation than to "immigrants". Also obsolescence. When a need no longer exists the product is no longer needed either! DUH! Why folks refuse to acknowledge that fact I don't know. Are they really that ignorant? It isn't politically sexy? Buggy manufacturers in the days of horse and buggies are obsolete NOW. We live in the NOW. So are hoops for skirts and knickers and top hats. It is called PROGRESS and we are surrounded by reactionaries who want to go back to the good old days of manual typewriters, radio (no TV) and ice boxes. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply Sbf. It's comforting to talk to someone who lives in this century! Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 26, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

If he does bring the jobs back, will you be willing to pay the higher price for products "Made In The USA" ?
      April 25, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

• Actually I would.  I'm going by the cheap tat we're being sold all made in China.  Fisher Price toys used to be sturdy well made items made in the US now they're made in China and are absolutely rubbish.
    It's false economy to think cheaper is better if it has to be replaced more often.
      April 25, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

Moi?  If the quality is SIGNFICANTLY BETTER, the PRODUCT LASTS LONGER and I CAN AFFORD IT certainly! I'm proud to be an American. I would PREFER to buy American. The limit is twofold..my budget and does the product I need exist? Do you know how hard it is to find anything that is 100% made in America? So did I answer your question Maurice? We are not wealthy. We live on social security and a very modest annuity. Very modest. So within the confines of financial concerns and the existence thereof of the product we BUY AMERICAN. Thank you for your question and Happy Wednesday. Now would you like to answer MY  question?
      April 26, 2017 3:53 AM MDT

Yes, you answered my question. Yes, I do know how hard it is to find anything that is 100% made in America.  As to how many jobs he plans to bring back, I have no idea. I don't think he really cares (in my humble opinion), and imho I think this was just another promise to get elected.  Although he is making things difficult on Canadian milk exports to the USA, and trying to stop soft wood lumber from Canada. 
      April 26, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

I agree with thee Maurice. Doofus Donny is just a bag of wind. The only thing he gives a rat's a** about is himself and his family. Whatever he does will be to aggrandize/enrich Trump. Of course other wealthy folks will ride on those coattails and become even more obscenely wealthy than they already are. Just what the world needs isn't it? He is nothing more than a worthless piece of trash that some people worship. No accounting for taste is there? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      April 27, 2017 4:48 AM MDT