Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you think we or what we do /say has any REAL meaning?

Do you think we or what we do /say has any REAL meaning?

It's hard to believe it sometimes when you do and say the right thing (and more) for anyone your whole life, but feel a hole inside from people not appreciating it or not really caring- what 'does' have meaning??  And then to see babies dying, or kids or war ... are we truly just bumbling about aimlessly in this realm ? :/

Posted - April 25, 2017

Responses

that's a loaded question, and it gets even more complicated when reading the details to your question.

No. I don't think life has any inherent meaning. or that we are special for being here on earth.

However, what we do and say matter. They may not be real, but they bear a certain amount of importance to ourselves and others, as so do things that are said and done to us or for us. In the grand scheme of things, this is what matters: does it feel real to you? when you love someone, when you commit an act of kindness, when you loathe someone, when you hurt someone, when you listen to someone.. etc. Do these things feel real to you, do they carry a meaning to you? than you go by that. You create the meaning in your life, and in the same way, you create what your existence means to other people and what theirs mean to you.

at least this is just what I think..
      April 26, 2017 12:03 AM MDT

Yeah, it has meaning to me. I don't have a hole within because people don't care or because I'm not appreciated. I don't do things for recognition, or to be liked or have any expectations. I do the right thing because I can live with myself and it gives me peace. 
    There is a lot of heartache and sadness but there is also happiness and beauty. It is up to you how you want to view this life. What you put out there is what you get back. You want to see negativity, you will. You want to see positive things, you will. 
    If you knew what I've been through and what I've seen, you'd be surprised that I could ever see good again. But I fight hard to see good, because it's harder to do so. It would be far easier to see negativity and be bitter. I choose to see the good in this life, and because of that it allows me to make a difference sometimes, and that and peace is my ultimate reward. Those things are what keeps me sane and gets me out of bed every day. 
      April 26, 2017 1:29 AM MDT

i think it depends on what we said
      April 27, 2017 4:23 PM MDT