Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » "Please" and "Thank You". Magic words. Obsolete. Respect for your elders. Obsolete. Displaying good manners/being polite. Obsolete. WHY?

"Please" and "Thank You". Magic words. Obsolete. Respect for your elders. Obsolete. Displaying good manners/being polite. Obsolete. WHY?

Posted - April 26, 2017

Responses

Hm yes they seem obsolete.. and just to clarify as I know you sometimes misinterpret my giving information for support either way... I don't say it should be obsolete or that it's a good thing... just that I do believe that the younger generations have entirely different concepts of what is polite and not... they just seem to have different concepts....
      April 26, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

I show respect to all who deserve it. And if others show me respect it's because I have earned it and don't expect it just because I am older.
    What I do see is a lack of respect from children to adults that used to be taught in the home.
      April 26, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

maybe their parents didnt teach them manners
      April 27, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

Sad to say, good manners have all but faded away throughout this world. A sign of life in the last days of this old system of things. (2 timothy 3:1-5)
      May 5, 2017 11:10 PM MDT