Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A Federal Judge BLOCKED Trump's attempt to withhold funds from Sanctuary Cities. Poor Donny. Screwed again by the law. AW?

A Federal Judge BLOCKED Trump's attempt to withhold funds from Sanctuary Cities. Poor Donny. Screwed again by the law. AW?

Donald does not have the AUTHORITY to do that. Only Congress decides what money goes where AND you cannot retroactively withhold money that has already been allocated. Donny better get with the program. He thinks he has the auhtority to do anything he wants. Where did he ever get THAT idea?

Posted - April 26, 2017

Responses

wonder why hes doing stuff he dont have the authority to do
      April 26, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

Because he is stupid. Thank you for your reply pearl! :)
      April 27, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

All that means is they will get the money until the new budget it passed. Then the new Congress will allocate the money with the condition that all law enforcement and other state/local employees must work with ICE the law directs or loss all federal money.
      April 26, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c. Trump thought he would call all the shots.  Now he realizes that the 3 branches of government have different jobs. Judicial is all about the rule of law. Legislative holds the purse strings and decides what will be funded and how much to allocate. Executive NEEDS the other two to allow him to do his job. He is restricted/curtailed/limited. How Trump will deal with that reality remains to be seen. He will get chopped down again and again if he keeps trying to overstep the bounds of his authority. How quick a learner is he I wonder? :)
      April 27, 2017 4:52 AM MDT

No different than Obama using Title 9 education money to force schools to allow children to pick the bathroom they want. It is the only carrot and stick the government has to get the results they want.
      April 27, 2017 5:12 AM MDT

The difference is Obama did things FOR THE PEOPLE and Trump does things AGANST THE PEOPLE. Polar opposites. The only people Trump will ever do anything for are people like him...the wealthy. The rest of us don't count. We are all expendable. He drained the swamp and replaced the swamp dwellers with far more despicable people. He insulted/attacked people who worked at Goldman Sachs and now a plethora of these bums are in his Administration. He is not for the people. He is for Trump first, last and always. Just my opinion of course. I know you don't share it. Neither does Ivanka. She believes daddy dearest really respects women and treats them well and believes in their "potential" to do as good a job as any man. Or so she says. She says nothing about the "Access Hollywood" tape where daddy dearest said in his own words that he can grab a woman by the crotch and get away with it. Billy Bush laughed and lost his job. Trump was elected prez. Go figger! That does not sound remotely respectful of women to me m2c.  Again. I know you disagree with every word. Different strokes, right? Thank you for your reply. Comparing Obama with Trump on any level is laughable to me m2c. It just is. :)
      April 27, 2017 5:46 AM MDT

That depends on what you consider"for the people". I consider securing our country by getting rid of illegal criminals for the people. I consider lower taxes for all (rich, middle class, and corporate) a for the people measure. 
    Just how I see for the people.
      April 27, 2017 7:27 AM MDT

It is well know that those who live in a democracy frequently do not enjoy doing the types of things that are necessary to preserve said democracy.

There is a method of curing glaucoma that immediately restores vision; the downside is that within 3 months one becomes completely, irreversibly blind.

Fortunately, the courts are preventing Trump from acting for the people in that way.
      April 27, 2017 8:59 AM MDT

Having a soveriegn country where we control who comes in and out of our country is very much necessary to a free country. If we have not border--we have no country.
      April 27, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

Different strokes m2c. Your people and my people are not the same. Your people I expect are the same  as Trump's people which is why you like him. His people are not the same as mine which is one reason why he will never ever be my cuppa tea. It happens. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 28, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

He was elected by people who apparently never understood that we are a country of laws that cannot be ignored.

It gives me some hope to remember that those people are still in a minority.
      April 27, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

They talk louder and longer though and take all the air out of the room. They hog the cameras and the  microphones and  they stomp and shout and cheer and yell and elbow you out of the way. Good manners are not one of their strong points.  They are everywhere. Or so it seems to be to me.  They get giddy on yelling inane things like "LOCK HER UP"! They are not complicated people. Words of one syllable suit them best. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      April 28, 2017 7:37 AM MDT