Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Tax Reform. Corporate Tax Cuts. Benefit the wealthy. When do the people get their shot at the trough? After the wealthy have drained it dry?

Tax Reform. Corporate Tax Cuts. Benefit the wealthy. When do the people get their shot at the trough? After the wealthy have drained it dry?

Posted - April 26, 2017

Responses

I think you think too highly of them... they  have no intention of ever allowing the common people to share anything.. they aren't even on their radar of thinking
      April 26, 2017 3:16 PM MDT

That's why Doofus Donny was elected prez Addb. His voters BELIEVED his bullsh**. He was gonna drain the swamp. He disparaged Goldman Sachs et al.  His swamp is filled with far worse people and his administration is loaded with ex-Goldman Sachs vultures. Everything he does will be for the wealthy because he puts himself first, last and always. The poor saps who voted for him still believe he will come through for them. I don 't get it.  I don't think too highly of them..or highly. I know what snakes they all are. Head snake is a doofus but he has power so he can be as doofussy as he wants to be and he will still get away with it. Go figger! Thank you for your replyy Addb! :)
      April 27, 2017 4:29 AM MDT

seems like thats how it works
      April 26, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

Sadly true. Thank you for your reply pearl.
      April 27, 2017 4:30 AM MDT

Its business as usual as we take our back seats. Peanut gallery,
    a person group of people whose opinions are insignificant
    "No comment from the peanut gallery."

The Golden Rule: Whoever Has the Gold Makes the Rules..
      April 26, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

SIGH. and so it goes! :(  Thank you for your reply Beans/SG and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      April 27, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

Happy Thursday (in spite of those ? you post about) backatcha RosieG.
      April 27, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

"In spite of"? Please clarify. Happy Friday.
      April 28, 2017 3:53 AM MDT

The believers in Trumpism are the 'in spite of' that I have to overlook to have a happy (ANYDAY)
    Happy Friday RosieG.
      April 28, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

Oh! Yeah. Me too. SIGH. Thank you for the clarification Beans/SG! :)
      April 28, 2017 2:57 PM MDT

This is why Greece needs bailouts. The problem isn't spending, it's revenue.
      April 26, 2017 6:18 PM MDT

I read that "they" said "tax cuts pay for themselves". How does that work exactly? Less money coming in and bills still need to be paid. Increase the deficit? I mean I think the Governor of Kansas bankrupted his state by drastic tax cuts. Then he had no money to pay the bills. How STOOPID is that? Just like the STOOPID 'trickle down' theory which a Bush called "voodoo economics" so too is "tax cuts pay for themselves" voodoo hoodoo.  The beat goes on. The lies keep being told. People keep believing bullsh**! No wonder things keep getting worse. Until the people are better/smarter/wiser things will never change. What are the odds of THAT happening? Thank you for your reply SBF and Happy Thursday!  :)
      April 27, 2017 4:38 AM MDT

Right on the money Rosie:)
      April 28, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

Thanks for the "atta girl" Beans/SG. I appreciate thee! Happy Friday! :)
      April 28, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

Tax cuts create jobs....
    Tax cuts encourage investment.
    Tax cuts encourage whatever the government wants to happen (mortgage deduction-buy a house, rebates for buying a battery car, etc) the gov has all kinds of tax incentives to get us to do what they want us to do.
      April 27, 2017 4:45 AM MDT

Tax cuts for the wealthy COST jobs, because governments have to cut spending to pay for them - which means the cost of services goes up.

Eighth grade economics lesson, quiet down everybody.
    I'm a small business owner, I run a retail store. I average 5000 customers per week and employ ten staff.
    Whoopee, I got a tax cut. So did the wealthiest 10% of my customers, they can spend a little more.
    90% of my customers didn't, and they have to spend more on services, leaving them less disposable income to spend in my shop. The poorest 15-20% are either casually employed at minimum wage or less (hospitality staff, etc), or on welfare. They're being forced to tighten their belts savagely, so they're not coming into my store at all any more.
    Fewer customers. They're buying less, so my staff have less to do. Why the hell would I employ somebody else in that situation? I'm more likely to cut hours or be forced to let them go, I'm losing money by keeping them when they're not serving non-existent customers. 
    Unless I'm running an upmarket boutique that only sells to the top earning echelon, that's what happens. The majority of the buying public are getting burned - less disposable income in the general population equals economic stagnation, recession or depression.

Class dismissed.
      April 27, 2017 8:54 PM MDT

No. Tax cuts are good for the economy. 
    Trump's tax plan cuts taxes for everyone who pays taxes.....rich, business and middle class. (Poor do not pay income tax) In fact the middle class is getting the largest tax cut, the rich are getting the smallest. 
      April 28, 2017 4:39 AM MDT

The poor do pay sales tax, as well as paying for the services that everybody does, but requiring a far more substantial percentage of their income to do so. When governments cut taxes, their revenue drops - so they have to cut services (or quit subsidizing them) in order to pay for those cuts. The big end of town has more disposable income, the poor much less - and they are a larger part of the population. Basic arithmetic.
    Sweden has MUCH higher taxes than the US - and its economy is in better shape.
      April 28, 2017 5:45 AM MDT

The topic is income tax. Poor people do not pay it. Most Working class people with children do not pay it. I have only paid income tax 2 yrs in the last 22yrs because I have children. 
    It is a proven fact that cutting taxes ends up causing overall revenue to the government. It was proven under Reagan...he cut taxes and revenue went up. 
      April 28, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

:):):)
      April 28, 2017 2:58 PM MDT