Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » When a friend does not return your message?

When a friend does not return your message?

My friend recently asked me to hang out (hadn't asked me to personally in a year) and inside it made me happy since I had been the only one asking her mainly last year. I said ok but that I had tentative plans for that upcoming day to do dinner nearby to where I was pet sitting, and asked if she'd like to meet- she replied 'maybe if I'm not tired from my two jobs' ...I thought it weird b/c she had just suggested that day, and I only asked for 6:30 pm, not some late time. I brushed it off and she said 'text me that day'; so that day I texted 'still want to maybe do dinner?' She never replied all day or next day. It made me feel low- I've always been there for her, and we've been friends for 20 yrs. I asked her if she got message two days later and she said yes, sorry I did't reply, was so tired etc. I just felt so brushed off at that- would you? A lot of times in past when I've suggested a plan , if she went with it, she'd ALWAYS try to change it first, or, say to do something else after ...like what I said was not enough .. that's how I felt anyway. but would you say anything to the no reply? I let it go (I let ALL go in my friendships /work etc) and jsut figured to keep the peace, but would you have said it made you feel like she could have cared  less ?

Posted - April 26, 2017

Responses

maybe she didnt want to
      April 27, 2017 3:43 PM MDT