Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What are reasons to NOT live in an Apartment?

What are reasons to NOT live in an Apartment?

I am hard of hearing and need to keep my TV turned up.  Smelling what people are cooking next door.  
Playing my musical instrument anytime I want to are just a few for me. 

Posted - April 27, 2017

Responses

• You can actually do what you want with the space you are in and can have privacy.   Apartments don't really afford either of those things.
      April 27, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

I agree.  Apartments are human filing cabinets. 
      April 27, 2017 5:45 AM MDT

• Kinda.   The price of housing is ridiculously prohibitive to many people though.  There is definitely a problem with real estate cost these days.
      April 27, 2017 5:49 AM MDT

Somebody gets cockroaches or bedbugs in their place and the bugs eventually spread throughout the building. 

Someone has a fire in their unit,  sets off the sprinkler system and everybody below them gets soaked.

Homeless people manage to get into the building and cause problems. 

Other tenants bang on your door to bum a cigarette,  want to borrow something or ask you to lend money. 

Last place I lived was pretty bad, now I moved into a seniors residence much better, quieter. This post was edited by Kittigate at April 30, 2017 1:20 PM MDT
      April 27, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

• I live in an apartment community. The only thing I don't care for is the person above me walks "on their heels" other than that, the noise isn't too bad. Being a community, I have a pool, a gym, tennis and racquet ball courts, sand volleyball courts available to utilize...I don't have to worry about maintenance or mowing so it kinda balances out.
      April 27, 2017 6:37 AM MDT

• You hear things. Don't know what's going on next door, don't think you want to know.
      April 27, 2017 6:38 AM MDT

hahaha ao true
      April 30, 2017 1:21 PM MDT

That gif is creepy!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 4, 2019 6:31 AM MST
      April 30, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

i have a hud apt, i cant create my own business, and being that i cant find a job that wouldve been the perfect solution, unfortunately i cant even sell avon to get some income going, think i mightve done better living under a bridge sometimes without having to follow all those dumb rules
      April 27, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

If you're a noisy neighbor or one who doesn't believe in boundaries. This post was edited by Zack at January 4, 2019 6:31 AM MST
      April 30, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

1. Randy D might live next door, and that's much too close.  
    2. Randy D might not live next door, and that's much too far away. 

It's a win-win. Oh, wait, that a lose-lose. No, it's just confusing. 

~
      January 4, 2019 6:34 AM MST