Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you can muster HATE for a man why not for the horse he rode on?

If you can muster HATE for a man why not for the horse he rode on?

Would you like Hitler's favorite automobile destroyed or displayed in a museum? A good portion would want it destroyed. Point is need HATE be rational? HATE for an individual can extrapolate to HATE for the group he/she belongs in and so genocide because thinkable. A B C and 1 2 3 folks.

Posted - April 27, 2017

Responses

• Reminds of King of the Hill when Cotton and the other WWII vets are auctioning off Hitler's canoe and the man who wins it is driving a Mitsubishi; Cotton finds out and is not happy. "Mitsubishi?! They made the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor! You don't deserve Hitler's canoe! Now hop in your sushi boat and get!"

I know this is in response to my comment on Rosie's thread, and yes, I agree that hate can be a slippery slope, but it need not be. One can hate an individual without it turning into genocidal hatred of the group the person belongs to. 

I hate the person who stole my bike, but when I found out he was Hispanic I didn't suddenly want to kill all Hispanics. So no, it's not "1 2 3 A B C", you are oversimplifying a complicated issue. 
      April 27, 2017 9:11 AM MDT