Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Has Donald J. Trump become the template of what an American president should be? Will future candidates aspire to be "another Trump"? Why?

Has Donald J. Trump become the template of what an American president should be? Will future candidates aspire to be "another Trump"? Why?

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

Given that he has the highest disapproval rating of any President since polls have been taken (worse than Nixon or Dubya), I think it's unlikely. The most basic of simian insticts is to seek the approval of one's own kind, it's why Trump surrounds himself with sycophants. The general public aren't buying it, however.
      April 28, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

How far down does  Doofus Donny's popularity rating have to tank before his supporters start bailing? 19%? 10%? 2%? Thank you for your thoughtful reply Sbf. I wish more Americans were as sensible as you Aussies are. I know. Ain't gonna happen! How long ago was it that your country enacted gun laws that made sense and changed how you live?  Where is Australia on the list of "gun-related deaths"? We all KNOW where America is. I rest my case! :)
      April 28, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

We elected Abbott, so unfortunately our citizens put too much faith in newspapers - where Rupert holds a monopoly in most States.
    We're rather proud of our gun control laws, however. We haven't had a gun-related massacre in 20 years. Only criminals taking out other criminals in single, execution-style hits, so who cares?
    Criminals are always going to be able to procure firearms, no legal system has ever been able to shut the black market down entirely. What gun control laws do is to make them expensive and much harder to get, so those who do have them don't flaunt them. Gun massacres are almost never perpetrated by known criminals, but by nutjobs who have no business being anywhere near a firearm, but get hold of them too easily. Adam Lanza didn't even own a gun, why did his mother have a military-style assault rifle that she could hardly even lift, never mind aim?
      April 28, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

I believe others have asked that question as well Sbf and to my knowledge no one has answered it satisfactorily. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Gun-related massacres are so common now we don't even talk about it. Used to be the NRA was always in front of a camera/microphone defending the guns and blaming nutjobs and telling us it is a mental health problem not a gun problem. I can't remember the last time I heard diddily from Wayne La Pierre and his ilk. We shrug shoulders and say too bad and move on. After every massacre gun sales shoot up because gun people rush out to buy more. The government is gonna confiscate them don'tcha know? That's what "they" say and believe. Gun store owners LOVE it.  Bumps up the bottom line. They are in business to make money honey and he**'s bells if it takes massacres to increase their wealth so be it! if we really cared we would have done  something long ago about our unique-to-America " GUN PROBLEM". Action is what counts. Words? They don't mean a friggin' thing.  :(
      April 28, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

Doubtful---Just like Carrot Top, there can be only one.

When they made Donald Trump, they broke the mold---unfortunately he was still in it at the time.
      April 28, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

i have no idea, only time will tell
      April 28, 2017 4:30 PM MDT