Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is not being able to afford where you were born and raised utterly depressing?

Is not being able to afford where you were born and raised utterly depressing?

Who do you blame?

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

Here no one young can afford to buy a house round here... house prices are just astronomical... I experienced a little of that when I was starting out... i couldn't buy a house in the town i was born in... it's very posh don't you know... but I was able to buy around 10 miles away so that's not so bad... 

Yes it's depressing for young people now who are stuck at home with parents until they are in their 30s.. I don't know who to blame... a lot of foreign investors apparently are buying up new properties in London... as investments..  that's probably not helpful... but I don't think that's the only problem... I think here it's just that property IS and has been for such a long time been seen as an investment... rather than a place to live
      April 28, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

seems like it would be
      April 28, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

well I got lucky
    sweet deal
    my place
      April 28, 2017 5:58 PM MDT

It's a great motivator to make life better for you than your parents had it. S88T happens and it sometimes can't be avoided while in other situations, a people had total control and f**ked it up for himself.
      April 28, 2017 6:02 PM MDT