Discussion » Questions » Politics » 100 days of Trump! Now, was that so bad?

100 days of Trump! Now, was that so bad?

I bet you can do more ;)

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

'Now was that so bad'? That's what my dentist always says after torturing me for an hour.
      April 28, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

You feel the pain when the painkillers wear off.
      April 28, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

Not that bad???? It's been swear word awful!!! I have literally felt so torn - between disbelief and disgust... I cannot tell you... or I could but it would take pages... it's changed how I look at America.. that they could appoint something so utterly revolting and vile... so abhorrent to the rest of the world.. ... it's made me change how I feel.. I have had to come to terms with it... and I am afraid that much as I love many Americans... i have had to adjust my thinking to the stance that ... ok I had better not say.... 

I have found it incredibly difficult.... heads back to my countdown app.. well at least that's 100 days less to go...
      April 28, 2017 10:35 AM MDT

Yes, the world is reeling from all the work he has done so far in order to straighten things out that the previous administration has left afoul. However, I do congratulate the O'Bama admin. for nailing down Bin Laden. Good job!, but the world had 8 years to rest, it's time to get off our a$$ and jam. 
      April 28, 2017 11:54 AM MDT

ha ha go on believing that my sweet... but I am afraid that would be another example of just how much some/many Americans are out of touch with how the world perceives them and the situation... THIS is exactly why it's so hard for me to comment... I have to treat such a thin line... sometimes the gulf between reality and what people can stomach is very wide...  This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at April 28, 2017 11:59 AM MDT
      April 28, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

"What people can stomach?" Speak for yourself and don't presume to speak for others, thanks.
      April 28, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

I wasnt speaking for myself... of that much I was pretty clear... My comments were based on experience... nuff said eh
      April 28, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

IMO, "what I can stomach" is speaking for oneself and "what PEOPLE can stomach" is much broader, implying speaking for others.
      April 28, 2017 1:13 PM MDT

Yes indeed. and I assume you are implying that you can stomach more than the average person? Well that's good to know... as I said .. based on experience... and if any were needed evidenced further in this thread.. 
      April 28, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

No, I was just paraphrasing your post.
      April 28, 2017 1:33 PM MDT

erm actually you weren't ... it's a common mistake I have encountered on here... perhaps a cultural difference I am not sure... a language shared but worlds apart sometimes.. I said people... I never said you and I never said I.. so factually, contextually I was never speaking for myself.. and when you with an agenda implied I might be.. I correct you... but hey let's not let it get in the way of a beautiful friendship 
      April 28, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

No, I was just paraphrasing your post. Please don't presume to read my mind. I know my own intentions. Thank you.
      April 28, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

• It's not a cultural difference at all I read it exactly as you meant it and I'm British.  I simply don't understand why you continue to insult the POTUS and the people of the US when you know it's going to upset people.

April 28, 2017 10:32 PM MDT

• How can you have experience of Trump when he's NOT your President?

April 28, 2017 10:08 PM MDT

In the first instance, try to remember that it was not the popular vote that put Trump into office, it was the Electoral College vote.  The Electoral College was conceived of by a group of men who were, when all is said and done, British.  Secondly, you might consider that in having our own problems with the results of this past election, most Americans probably couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks.  When it stops accepting our money and military protection, then you may feel free to criticize us.  Until then, it is bad form.  Third, and last, any time the UK would like to share the title of Super Power, please, don't let us Americans stand in your way. 
      April 28, 2017 12:36 PM MDT

•   April 28, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

Thank you.
      April 28, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

ahh I clearly struck an oversensitive nerve there.. so what else is new... This is exactly what I mean 
      April 28, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

• Please do not assume you know what I'm thinking or feeling. Your opinion would have to actually matter to me for you to 'strike an over sensitive nerve'. I really like the way SS phrased her response. I really do not like the way you group everyone together. If you were really as educated as you claim you are, then you would see how uneducated and narrow minded that is. Bless your heart!!
      May 2, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

Lol are those American people  - lol if so they may well be a coupla generations closer to their Brit ancestry perhaps :P
      April 28, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

If England with its monarchy and parliament was so great at governing, we wouldn't have needed John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Richard Henry Lee, George Washington and company (to say nothing of the little-known James Wilson, whose yea vote on July 2, 1776 broke a tie between the Pennsylvania delegation's Franklin and John Dickinson, thus causing Jefferson's brilliant Declaration of Independence to be adopted by the required unanimous vote of all 13 colonies), to make us free and independent states 240 or so years ago! We have a system over here that still works fairly well, and without a ridiculous royal family that serves no useful purpose beyond generating gossip and giving the common folks something to gawk at.

Now how's THAT for a slap at a system of government? LOL.
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at April 29, 2017 9:02 AM MDT
      April 29, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

April 28, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

Thank you.
      April 28, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

No...Thank you!
      April 28, 2017 12:50 PM MDT