Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Some folks are no dam* good! They support ALL criminal activity committed by THEIR side/vilify all committed by the other side. You too?

Some folks are no dam* good! They support ALL criminal activity committed by THEIR side/vilify all committed by the other side. You too?

Are there more people who are no dam* good than there are people with integrity/honor? Why?

Posted - April 29, 2017

Responses

• Like the Dems do with Hillary? I guess they all (both sides) walk around with blinders on when it comes to their party. 
      April 29, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

Many of us "Dems" disliked Hillary Karen. How do you think Bernie Sanders' success came about? We don't suck up to Hillary or defend her no matter she says or does at all. However Republicans suck up to and defend The Donald no matter what he does/says/doesn't do/doesn't say. Some are scared to death of him.  Others think he walks on water and is their saviour who can do no wrong!  96 or 98% of those who voted for him would do so again.  I doubt that the folks who voted for Hillary would ALL do so again. There is no comparison between the uniform devotion of  The Donald's worshippers and those who voted for Hillary because The Donald was an unthinkable alternative to us. No comparison at all. Thank you for your reply.
      May 2, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

It's refreshing to read a perspective on Hillary Clinton like this one, Rosie.  Thank you. 

Your analysis about how some Democrats view Hillary Clinton can also be extended to how some Republicans view Donald Trump. You acknowledge that not every Democrat thinks the same way, yet you state that all Republicans are pro-Donald Trump. Nothing could be further from the truth, for two very important reasons: first of all, you neither know nor consulted every Republican, and secondly, your own common intelligence should guide your understanding that not every person of any particular large group thinks exactly like all of the others in that same group. 

I am one such Republican who while being vehemently anti-Hillary Clinton, I am not pro-Donald Trump either, which disproves your statement above. There are other Republicans who are even staunchly anti-Donald Trump, further proof that your assumption is incorrect. 

Lumping all people of any set or subset into little categories is dangerous thinking. It's as if someone were to say that ALL women in their 70s are bad or that ALL black guys using the name Randy online are good.  Come now, we both know how ridiculous that is. 

-
    This post was edited by Randy D at May 2, 2017 10:04 AM MDT
      May 2, 2017 5:51 AM MDT

• Randy, you made a typo.....let's see if you can find it. :)
      May 2, 2017 6:59 AM MDT

Thanks, Pal!  I found three and corrected them. 

:)
      May 2, 2017 7:07 AM MDT

• Whose Hillary Karen? 
      May 2, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

Lol, I saw that too. Some folks are notorious for dismissing the importance of proper punctuation. 

:)
      May 2, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

Hillary Karen? I don't know. I am unfamiliar with that surname. Now taken separately Hillary is Hillary Clinton  and Karen is an Answermugger. Did I answer your question?
      May 2, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

• No Rosie, you did not answer my question. 
      May 2, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

• Randy made an excellent point. You say the Dems don't support everything Hillary does, but INSIST that ALL Republicans are weak minded sheep who believe and support everything that Trump does and says. That's pretty shameful where I come from. No one likes to be boxed in with everyone else.  
      May 2, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

If that is how you choose to understand what I write I shall not disabuse you of your views Karen. I will let all your assumptions about me stand as is and do nothing further to explain. Happy Wednesday.
      May 3, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

I know, right?

~
      April 29, 2017 7:01 AM MDT

i dont do that
      May 1, 2017 5:20 PM MDT

• A USC-led study confirms what seems increasingly true in American politics: People become more hard-headed in their political beliefs when provided with contradictory evidence.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161223115757.htm

May 2, 2017 5:59 AM MDT