Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What's a good remedy for morning sickness?

What's a good remedy for morning sickness?

Seriously, it's 3:00 and this is my second time praying to the porcelain god this morning!  Yuck!  TMI, IKR

I guess I really do need to worship the porcelain god, me being a lowly porcelain doll and all.

Posted - April 30, 2017

Responses

Always biscuits next to bed, and water. Helped me at least, each time. They say it's a boy if having these conditions, not sure about that one though. Can't tell you I feel it goes for girls too by own experiences. ;-)
      April 30, 2017 3:18 AM MDT

It will go away on its own after a few months, maybe as many as six months. Or eight, I'm not really too sure. 

Now pay me. 

Signed, Doctor Randolph D
    ~

April 30, 2017 4:58 AM MDT

Ginger ale and/or if you can find them, ginger lollipops usually helps with nausea.  Fluids always help.  If you are vomiting a lot, you need to ensure you stay hydrated.  Sometimes ice pops or sucking on hard candies, will calm thing down.  Make sure you are eating small snacks during the day ensuring you have something in your stomach.  Usually an empty stomach makes it worse.  High carb & protein foods, low fats. Salty foods sometimes helps too, like Saltines.  Get plenty of fresh air, that helps too.  

I'm sorry you are having a tough time Livvie.  I hope you are feeling better soon.
      April 30, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

I had my husband buy me lots of ginger ale, several boxes of it.  I haven't barfed yesterday so it must be helping! This post was edited by Livvie at May 3, 2017 2:48 AM MDT
      May 1, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

Eat more often...small meals so your stomach is never empty.
    I had horrible all day sickness.  I finally learned to eat more often. And eating cereal helped alot...I think because it absorbs the stomach acid which is what causes the sickness. That is why many people say crackers and such...

I did not know you were pregnant. Congrats. 
      April 30, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

(a lot)

Two separate words. 
      April 30, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

Eating more often seemed to help me yesterday.  I hope everything stays down today!
      May 1, 2017 7:21 AM MDT

Yea. :) This post was edited by my2cents at May 3, 2017 2:47 AM MDT
      May 1, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

• Nothing like a cold beer first thing in the morning! That's the ticket! 
      April 30, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

Well, now she is DEFINITELY going to be hugging that porcelain bowl for the rest of the day!  So, I will save her and take that beer myself, thank you very much! ;-)
      April 30, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

Not the best thing for pregnant women lol.
      May 1, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

• Just teasing with you is all. LOL
      May 1, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting.

I had mild morning sickness with my sons and all-day sickness for the full nine months with my daughter. Nothing helped with the latter. If you're waking up in the middle of the night to puke, nothing will help aside from medicine prescribed by your doctor. I tried everything, from OTC meds to natural cures and even those goofy pressure point wraps that go on your wrists. During the day, some of the other tips might work- eating small meals, sticking to cereal, etc. One of my coworkers swore by Preggie Pops, particularly the ginger, but those never did a thing for me.

Science still hasn't explained why morning sickness happens, but it does tend to indicate a healthy pregnancy, so at least there's that.
      April 30, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

Why didn't you ever consult Doctor  Randolph D?  It would have saved you a lot of discomfort and difficulties. 
    ~
      April 30, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

I thought it was something that only came later in pregnancy.  I pretty much started getting in right away.

Morning sickness isn't playing fair.  It's visiting me after noon and before midnight sometimes!
      May 1, 2017 7:18 AM MDT

• Keep soda crackers by your bed and eat one or two when you first wake up. They help a whole lot. 
      May 1, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

I woke up at 3:00 again this morning and those soda crackers by my bed saved me this time!  Thanks!

You have angered the porcelain god with your advice!

This post was edited by Livvie at May 3, 2017 6:49 AM MDT
      May 3, 2017 2:31 AM MDT

• I shall leave an offering to him later. :) I was fortunate not to get morning sickness when I was pregnant. All my friends who did have it swore by the crackers though.  I'm glad they helped. Do you know what you're having yet? One more piece of advice, stay away from the books about what to expect while you're pregnant, they will give you a nervous breakdown. 
      May 3, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

Wait until noon.
      May 1, 2017 8:29 AM MDT

Mine visits after hours.
      May 1, 2017 6:22 PM MDT

not sure but if you ask this question on healthtap.com a real doctor will email you back
      May 1, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

What, I'm not good enough as her doctor?  Grrrrrrrrrr.
    ~
      May 3, 2017 5:19 AM MDT