Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The world's a changing.. shape up or ship out?

The world's a changing.. shape up or ship out?

Like  it or not, some seems to be for the better and much for the worse.. but we have to move with the times... Sometimes it's hard to change and some of us are stick in the muds but that won't stop change.  How do you feel about it?

Posted - May 1, 2017

Responses

• Isn't this the entirety of history?
      May 1, 2017 2:00 PM MDT

Yes :) Well spotted.... much of what we complain about has been going on throughout history.. I am mindful and I think i even used it in a reply to you long ago.. of the socrates quote about how rude children are.. lol they always have been and things have always been changing... we evolve... Sometimes the pace of change can seem faster tho...
      May 1, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

Weren't Socrates a pederast?
      May 1, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

I've no idea! I didn't know him personally you understand :P 
      May 1, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

thats true
      May 1, 2017 2:28 PM MDT

• "Time and tide wait for no man." Its as true today as when Chaucer wrote it in the 14th century. 

The only true permanence IS change. This is the gist of evolution: the future builds on the past, evolve or be left behind.

IMO, each of us is "of our own time", which is to say our relevance has a shelf-life, one we have a hand in, but cannot extend indefinitely. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 1, 2017 3:23 PM MDT
      May 1, 2017 3:22 PM MDT

I'm quite shapeless, so I just stay in the back by myself adding jalapenos to literally everything..
      May 1, 2017 3:47 PM MDT