Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Republicans got what they always wanted from the 2016 election. Complete control of Washington, D.C. When will they to do something with it?

Republicans got what they always wanted from the 2016 election. Complete control of Washington, D.C. When will they to do something with it?

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

The GOP having a majority in Congress and the Presidency is like a dog chasing a car.  What would he do with it if he caught it?  Happy Thursday, Rosie. :)
      May 4, 2017 7:55 AM MDT

Great analogy Spunky! They voted to repeal the AHCA 60 times or so when they had no  power and now that they do have power they are trying again today for the 3rd time 'cause they just can't seem to perform! Even if it passes in the House it will die in the Senate. They all know that. This is just another dog and pony show. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 4, 2017 9:46 PM MDT
      May 4, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't pass in the Senate.  There is a possibility that it won't. 
      May 4, 2017 9:46 PM MDT

If Republicans know what's good for them it won't even get voted on!  They will table it/shelve it/ignore it. Of course the pressure will be immense on them  to PASS THE DAM*ABLE junk! I think Senators are smarter as a group than members of the House. Maybe I should restate that. I HOPE Senators are smarter! On another thread to you this morning I outlined some of what this newly House-passed monstrosity Trumpcare means. They were celebrating with jubilation getting a bill through the House! As if they won something!  Never happened before and I'm really glad it did. All of them cheering and celebrating at the White House is on tape and will be used repeatedly by their opponents in 2018 and 2020! It is perfect ammunition against them are they're way too dense to realize it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Spunky! :)
      May 5, 2017 3:46 AM MDT

I was just reading about the items the new health care bill will eliminate and it's horrifying, not to mention almost punitive for people who are of little means.  If the Dems are smart, they will continually play up what will be lost and maybe folks who thought it was such a good idea to repeal the ACA will contact their senators and make their voices heard.  It appears that the Red States will be seriously affected by these changes and it gives the insurance companies a free hand in what they can/will charge for premiums.  Happy Friday. :)
      May 5, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

we'll find out
      May 4, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

Yes. They have decided to punish all the "lazy" people who didn't work hard enough to afford cancer treatments.
      May 4, 2017 9:48 PM MDT

I'm a 9-year cancer survivor Mr.B. So that is a pre-existing condition for me. If this monster crap-filled bill actually becomes law AND my cancer returns and metastasizes it would cost me $172,000 MORE PER YEAR for coverage! We don't have that kind of money so of course I'd die. I think that's the point. Old people, very young people and the poor will all be wiped out and the US will be filled with the young, healthy and wealthy. Isn't that fantastic? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 5, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

You don't have Medicare? 
      May 5, 2017 4:43 AM MDT

I have Medicare. That is why I'm alive. My cancer arrived when I was 70 years old. Otherwise it would have bankrupted us and I'd still be dead. What will your guys do to gut Meidcare m2c? Paul Ryan is not a fan of any " entitlement" except cutting taxes and now that he has effectively gutted Medicaid by 25% his eyes will be on how to do the same dam* thing to Medicare. As I said. I don't trust your guys to do anything at any time that will benefit me, an old lady, with a pre-existing condition. They are my enemy and I fear them and what they will do because of their evil motives and servicing of the wealthy and powerful exclusively. They have no use for me so I don't exist to them. At least if I do I am not worth saving. Your guys are like that m2c. I hope to he** you are young and healthy. Otherwise you will be of no use to them either. None of us but the obscenely wealthy are of any use/value to Trump. Despite what you believe.  SIGH. Thank you for your question. Did I answer it?
      May 5, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

Medicare is not going anywhere. And if they did pass some crazy bill that got rid it would not apply to those currently on the program. 

So neither Obamacare nor Trumpcare did/will effect your coverage. 
    Obamacare cut Medicare....but you still have your coverage...mmm
      May 5, 2017 8:26 AM MDT