Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Education » Is a 4 year degree

Is a 4 year degree

Is a 4 year college degree worth the investment? 

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

• not anymore ... Okay ... You proved your point ... I won't yell at you anymore :)
      May 4, 2017 11:18 PM MDT

It is if you want to be a doctor or a lawyer.  Not so much if you want to be an Indian Chief.
      May 4, 2017 11:51 PM MDT

Yes, particularly if you take everything possible from four years at college.  It's much more than just enough classes to get a diploma.  
      May 5, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

of course it'd depend on your major.....

ME? I never went to college,,,,,,didn't want to, and didn't have the grades........I did office work for a long time......loved it...always had a good boss and raises, etc.

then I got my Cosmetology license so I could do makeup and skincare.

I always made a good living........learned HOW TO INVEST WHICH YOU YOUNG PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO, by the way!!!!!

and now I"m retired with a nice mutual fund account.........

I'M NO SAYING DONT GO TO COLLEGE........BUT does it have to be a BIG ivy league school?

and DONT FORGET THE NEED FOR plumbers, electricians, HVAC people, carpenters, etc.

My area has many openings for jobs like this, but NO ONE seems to want to take A ONE YEAR training course to be a part of these professinos, where they can make up to $100,000 a year!!!!

of course these fields are not for everyone, but if you DO go to college, select a practical major so you can make a living, at least!!!!

and once again, LEARN HOW TO INVEST.........IF i CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN.....

no excuse with all the info online today.............your retirement will be here before you know it.

TIME REALLY DOES FLY.........

and now I shall leave y'all alone!!!!!!!

LOL

:-D
      May 6, 2017 9:00 AM MDT

• OH YES, ANY DAY.
    It teaches you to think for yourself, and to fend for yourself.
      August 14, 2017 1:03 AM MDT