Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Typical. A political party shamefully INFAMOUS for its LOVE OF MONEY attacks Obama for taking $400,000 for a speech. Isn't it?

Typical. A political party shamefully INFAMOUS for its LOVE OF MONEY attacks Obama for taking $400,000 for a speech. Isn't it?

Posted - May 5, 2017

Responses

I know poor Obama doesn't get as much as Hillary but $400,000 ain't bad. Is Obama a 1%er now?

Do you know that Obama vetoed a bill that would remove pension of any past President who makes more than $400,000?
    Republicans are not the only ones criticizing Obama for this...Google what Elizabeth Warren said.

Personally I don't care...I say good for him. But the veto is interesting. And Trust me the Rs are not the only party who loves money.
      May 5, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

You are ridiculing him too m2c though later on you say "personally I don't care...". Clearly you do care or you would not have started off with the sarcasm you did. Which part of your answer am I supposed to believe is true and which part of your answer is windowdressing and irrelevant? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday.
      May 6, 2017 4:50 AM MDT

No...I don't care. He is free to make money.  But getting it from the "fat cat bankers" is kind of ironic, don't you think. 
    Hillary does get more than that. I don't care about that either other than don't complain about 1%ers, when you pull in that kind of cash. It is hypocritical. This post was edited by my2cents at July 10, 2018 6:01 PM MDT
      May 6, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

The interesting thing to me is that people seem to think he was paid that much money for a speech.  I think the more likely scenario is that he pulled a Clinton. 
      May 5, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

Pulled a Clinton?  She go $500,00....
      May 5, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

It's not about the amount.  What was the payment really for?
      May 5, 2017 12:02 PM MDT

Apologies Thriftymaid. I have no idea what you mean when you say he "pulled a Clinton". I suppose I should know but I don't. Will you kindly clarify? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday.
      May 6, 2017 4:51 AM MDT

I don't know why anyone would criticize Obama for giving speeches to anyone. He is retired. Lots of celebrities and politicians do this to raise money for their causes. He is a private citizen. Look at Trump's speaking history: 
      May 5, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Marguerite. I appreciate it. I have no idea why people would critic ize Obama for making money legally. Well, actually I do. They HATE him and HATE everything he does, says, is. Forever after it will always be thus.  When they HATE they HATE for forever. No exceptions. Nothing Obama will ever do or say will be enough for them. They will always attack him and Hillary because  their HATE is real and pure and deep. It defines them. They thrive on it.  Happy Saturday! :)
      May 6, 2017 4:55 AM MDT

Good for them. 
      May 6, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

You don't get it Rosie. We're not jealous of the money. I couldn't care less how much money he makes. It's the way he's making it that I don't like. It smells of corruption.

Nobody in their right mind would pay 400 grand to listen to that **** run his mouth. It's not a speaking fee, it's a pay off. The system is rewarding him for services rendering. He spent 8 years selling America out. Now he's gets paid. They can't just give him the money, because that would be too blatant. He need to earn the money under some pretext.
      May 5, 2017 2:47 PM MDT

Just because I disagree with everything you said TZ you ASSUME it's because I don't get. I think that is quite presumptuous of you with all due respect. It assumes something not in evidence. You are a complete stranger to me. You don't know me at all. You ASSUME because my views are different from yours that I'm  the one that's lacking. Have you considered the possibility that your HATRED of Obama gets in the way of clear thinking? Strong emotion always gets in the way. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 6, 2017 5:02 AM MDT
      May 6, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

Double standards as usual.... and fwiw almost all of the Brit prime ministers go on to have very lucrative careers as speakers 
      May 5, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

Not everyone gets to be President! Ex-Presidents have a lot of experience most of us will never have. So they tell us about the job they had and what they did and what they learned just as any other "expert" talks about what he/she knows best. Of course Obama HATERS all begrudge him anything. Whatever he does/says..whatever he doesn't do/doesn't say..they will always HATE him. He can't win with them. They are all alike. All use the same words coming from the great HATE. As if they were all given a script which they commit to memory so that word for word what you get from them you already heard before and will hear again. They are consistent! Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 6, 2017 5:05 AM MDT