Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is the funniest or stupidest thing you ever heard someone say to a cop?

What is the funniest or stupidest thing you ever heard someone say to a cop?

Once I was in a puff puff pass circle in a bar parking lot and 2 cops showed up. They asked us a few questions then told us the party was over and it was time to go home, One of the guys stepped forward and told the cops they can't do that then he asked the cops if they knew who he was then he shouted out - I'm Mike the Barbers son. It wasn't like Mike the barber had mob ties or cut the hair of movie stars so the cops were not impressed. We wound up calling him Sweeny Todd after that. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

Cool story :)

The only cop story I know is that my mum kicked a policeman...and she got away with it :) 

I am guessing you know that Sweeney Todd is rhyming slang :)

May 6, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

Well I hope that when your mom kicked the cop she had a just reason - like it was during the UK coal miners strike (lots of cops deserved kicks then). Anyway the Sweeney Todd we were referring to was a fictional barber that slashed peoples throats well he was giving them hair cuts, Sweeny Todd is also an old rock group from my Island, I bet if you googled sweeney todd + roxy roller - you will be in grove factor 10. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 6, 2017 11:18 AM MDT

Ahh I thought you were calling him Sweeney Todd because they were cops that he stood up to.... and Sweeney is a word that makes us think of cops here.. Sweeney Todd is cockney rhyming slang for Flying Squad..  a special branch of cops...often just called the Sweeney...

My mum kicked them... because. she was trying to throw a brick at a television rental window... and the cop was, naturally enough, trying to stop her.....she was very upset at the time and she did have a very good reason for it but I really cannot imagine how she got away with it!
      May 6, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

LOL!  Your mom sounds like she was a real firecracker! 

The info on the cops & Sweeney Todd is very interesting.  I assumed Nanoose was speaking about Sweeney Todd,  the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.  I'm surprised you haven't heard the story.  It originated out of London.  Part of the popular string of Victorian Penny Dreadful stories back in the mid-19th century.  It was eventually turned into a Broadway musical in New York City starring Angela Lansbury & Len Cariou.  I saw it back then, amazing play.  It's been rehashed for the theatre and then Tim Burton released his own movie version with Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter.   If you haven't seen any of the versions, it's worth a look.  I think you will like it.  Here is some background info:

http://www.haunted-london.com/sweeney-todd.html
      May 6, 2017 11:47 AM MDT

Hi Harry, I have heard of the Barber story, I loved the film with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, she's cooool.. I also once heard THE most fabulous rendition of pretty women sung by two boys at my daughter's school.. truly it was so good it blew me away...I will never forget how stunned I was to hear such talented singers at my daughter's school...

But for me... knowing the other meaning of Sweeney.. well that gave me two options to choose from :) And I chose the cops one because there were cops involved...I got it wrong :) but it could have been :)
      May 6, 2017 11:58 AM MDT

Nanoose, I don't have any really funny or stupid cop stories but, I wanted to say that was a great story!  Sweeney Todd was a genius nickname for the situation.  Thanks for sharing!

May 6, 2017 11:13 AM MDT

When issued a ticket for driving without a license the recipient replied, 'I know how to drive'.
      May 6, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

ive never heard of stories like that
      May 6, 2017 3:41 PM MDT