Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Russian intervention in the French election FAILED! The French are very smart people. Americans? Putin had his way with us. Why?

The Russian intervention in the French election FAILED! The French are very smart people. Americans? Putin had his way with us. Why?

Posted - May 8, 2017

Responses

• We are easily bamboozled ...

Now I feel like I must shower again  
      May 8, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

I just giggled Jett! Should I apologize for the question or for giggling or maybe for both? Separate topic. I just had my husband read your very fine answer to my question about 2-cylinder cars. I had asked him if they exist and he said he didn't think so. When he read what you said about having the ability to shut down some cylinders when you're cruising he said that's absolutely correct! Thanks again m'dear! :)
      May 8, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

• My response was a "tongue in cheek" .. of course the reality is very bleak. It is clear that we have a line of people on the "being" investigated" pool. Putin indeed gained much, if not all he wanted this election. Flynn, Manafort, Stone and Page for starters. In my opinion, just the tip of the iceberg.  
      May 8, 2017 6:39 AM MDT

May 8, 2017 8:27 AM MDT

((hugs))Awesome info Zack! That PROVES the French are much smarter than the Americans, of which I am one and so are you! They elected Macron not LePen. We elected Doofus Donny. Of course neither you nor I voted for the guy but we are stuck him anyway! :( I rest my case! Many thanks for the link and Happy Tuesday to you m'dear! :) D'ya spose we can copy the French and do that too? Maybe? Possibly? Perhaps? This post was edited by RosieG at May 9, 2017 6:49 AM MDT
      May 9, 2017 2:24 AM MDT

Putin's hackers waited too long to get involved in France. The French have a 24-hour media blackout with regards to political advertising before an election. As a result, the rest of the world got more of the dirt on Macron than the French did.
      May 8, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

So nifty! Putin should be humiliated. Trump too. Macron is now the guy they didn't want and that right-wing Fascist nationalist racist bigot nutjob Marine LePen is licking her wounds and plotting how to come back. Viva La France! It seems the Americans aren't only ugly but not very smart either. What a great combination! :(  I can say that because I am one of them.SIGH. It used to be something of which I was very proud. But some of the citizens have made being an American an epithet..a dirty word. I do hope they are proud of themselves for having accomplished that. :(
      May 9, 2017 2:31 AM MDT

One thing happened: the media in France refused to print the Russians' fake news. Our media printed everything and Trump got all the coverage---free. 
      May 8, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

You hit upon something I've wondered about Marguerite for a very long time which is why don't we (the media) gift Doofus Donny with a news blackout? No coverage of him in any medium. No TV cameras. No microphones. No Rallies . No speeches. No pompous meaningless photo-ops. The "news" coverage is always the same. Every day he is a boring person to cover because his MO never varies. He lies. He lies. He lies. He lies. He lies. We get it. Let's move on to other people and other things. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      May 9, 2017 2:33 AM MDT

• That's the first time I've heard the French described as "smart people".  I lived with them for years and I can tell you they have rules that make absolutely no sense, behave erratically and have the attitude that "if I can rip you off then more fool you" that was explained to me by French friends.

Now they've elected a man who is not an experienced politician, a fact that you've bashed Trump for many times on this site and to add to that he's married to a pedophile.  Oh yes they're very smart people.
      May 8, 2017 10:23 PM MDT