Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Unless sometimes tries to impose his/her religion on you why do you care what they believe or in whom? What business is it of yours?

Unless sometimes tries to impose his/her religion on you why do you care what they believe or in whom? What business is it of yours?

Posted - May 10, 2017

Responses

i always figured its none of my business what people believe
      May 10, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

Of course it matters, when you make legislations that affect the lives of other people, or try to proselytize them, or send fear in the hearts of little children with such twisted idead as hell and a god that will punish them for having "sinful" thoughts!
    it matters when you use your religion as a way to oppress an entire group of people; women, LGBT+, and others. it matters when it feeds people ignorance and drives them away from dealing with factual problems such as climate change and global warming because they don't believe in science, but in an imaginary person in the sky who tells them who and who not to have sex with.

I don't give a rat's a$$ what one as an individual believes in, but I do care what a collective group of people believe in, especially if that group feels as if they are beyond any criticism because their holy bull$h*t is holier than another group's holy bull$h*t. This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at May 12, 2017 3:38 AM MDT
      May 10, 2017 10:56 PM MDT

The only time it matters is when they incorporate their religious beliefs into laws that affect you. Otherwise what impact does it have on you? I meant to write "SOMEONE" rather than "sometimes"  BUT my question clearly delineates that. Please read it again. It says (corrected form) "unless someone tries to impose his religion on you..." How can ideas/beliefs/views alone affect you at all UNLESS/UNTIL they become laws? That's the question. Thank you for your reply nL and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 12, 2017 3:42 AM MDT
      May 12, 2017 3:42 AM MDT

The Christian religion only got started by impressing people favourably; as it should continue to do.

However, the media find it more interesting to focus on the negative side. 
      May 11, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

It gives the people what they want Malizz. That's what scandal rag magazines like The National Enquirer(a Trump favorite) do. That's why people slow down when they see an accident. They're hoping to see blood and guts I expect. That's why BREAKING NEWS is always about something awful, never about something good. The people get what they deserve. If there were no audience for it NONE OF IT would exist. The media is in business to get ratings. The more viewers they have the more they can charge advertisers. Why do you think folks like Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly (before his ass was bounced from Fox) had  so many viewers and were paid exorbitant wages?  Because of all the kindness and truth and happiness they sold or or because of the opposite? Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 12, 2017 3:49 AM MDT
      May 12, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

It is going to have little affect on me if a person prefers a right hand drive car to the standard left hand drive usually bought in the US and does in fact buy a right hand drive and drive it all over the US.

If however, he thinks we should drive on the left hand side of the road instead the right hand side in the US, his belief system may have a rather disastrous effect on me.

So, it depends.
      May 11, 2017 1:08 PM MDT

Why? How does what he thinks impact you at all UNLESS he drives on the wrong side of the road and kills you? What people believe and what they say is harmless. It's what they do (like incorporate their religious beliefs into law that affects you)  that can be harmful. Thank you for your reply tj and Happy Friday. Just my opinion! :)
      May 12, 2017 3:38 AM MDT