Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "He is a Showboat. He's a Grandstander". Who comes to mind when you hear that? Whom does that best describe? Why?

"He is a Showboat. He's a Grandstander". Who comes to mind when you hear that? Whom does that best describe? Why?

The US head of state made those accusations against James Comey. What immediately comes to mind is "it takes one to know one". Did you think of that too? If not, what did you think and why?

Posted - May 12, 2017

Responses

I'm sure many of us had that "he really just said that" moment.  There have been SO many of those now....
      May 12, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

Of course when the brain isn't engaged and the mouth is out of control and runs off 24/7 what comes out can be controversial to say the least! Thank you for your reply Piper and Happy Saturday! :)
      May 13, 2017 4:09 AM MDT

C'est moi.
      May 12, 2017 4:56 PM MDT

Tu? Qu-est-ce que sait? Pourquoi mon ami?

Dites moi pourquoi la vie et bella
    Dites moi pourquoi la vie et gaie
    Dites moi pourquoi cher ma voisine

Forgive the spelling. I'm sure it's wrong. That's a favorte song of mine from South Pacific . As is "You've got to be  taught to hate".  Thank you for your reply Sbf! :) Funny. You don't look like one! :)
      May 13, 2017 4:12 AM MDT

I'm a peacock. A friendly extrovert, ENFP-A, the "look at me, look at me!" type.
      May 13, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

Friendly extrovert. I love 'em. My sister is one. I'm the opposite. I don't like the spotlight. But friendly extrovert and Showboater/Grandstander are not renotely synomous to me.  Showboater/grandstander is someone who performs outrageously specifically to attract attention. Doofus Donny is an outrageous LIAR and that's the least of his faults.  He is so desperate for attention AND desperate for love/approbation/acceptance he will go to any lengths to get it. He will go as low as low can go and then go even lower to get it. That is NOT you. It certainly is NOT my sister! I like friendly outgoing folks. They attract people because they are always so pleasant to spend time with. That is a good thing my friend! Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Mother's Day Sunday (in the states ). Do you Aussies celebrate it? I hope that isn't a stupid or insulting question. :)
      May 14, 2017 4:27 AM MDT

We do, my wiife and I visited her mother today. Mine passed away two years ago, 
      May 14, 2017 5:16 AM MDT

Retroactive condolences to you Sbf for the loss of your mom. I'm sure she is looking down wherever she is now and smiling! Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 14, 2017 8:44 AM MDT

Often when criticizing other people we say they do what other people have criticized us for doing. It can get quite ridiculous at times. eg: "You need to think it through rationally" from some über-religious person who think it is blasphemy to think rationally about anything the bible say.
      May 13, 2017 1:30 AM MDT

You mean the Showboater Grandstander doesn't recognize it in himself? Is that like transference in psychology JakobA? I'm not sure how the Bible got involved here.  The question is as far afield from religion as any I've ever asked. You have your own reasons for dragging it in I suppose. Setting that example aside, does Trump really not know what he is, how he appears and what people think of him? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)                       
      May 13, 2017 4:15 AM MDT

"To see ourselves as others see us is a most salutary gift. Hardly less important is the capacity to see others as they see themselves." -Aldous Huxley.
    but we are rarely able to do that :)
    So yes, I think Trump sees himself as utterly normal, except for what he is good at and he is proud of that.
      May 13, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

Robert Burns. Scottish poet. "Would some  power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as ithers see us" He noticed a live mouse in the ornate hat of the woman in front of him in church. At least that is how the fable goes. So he wrote the poem. A nifty poem. I think it was titled "ode to a mouse" or something. Thank you for your reply JakobA and Happy Mother's Day Sunday! :)
      May 14, 2017 4:20 AM MDT