Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » About those carbonated energy drinks . . .

About those carbonated energy drinks . . .

. . . I know they're not so good for my health. But they don't give me energy -- they often tend to actually calm/level my anxiety it seems. What effect do they have on you if you drink them?

Posted - May 13, 2017

Responses

With that in mind, you're just drinking regular juice and probably spending too much money for it. However, those kinds of drinks have no effect on me. I suppose this habit of yours is better than smoking cigarettes.
      May 13, 2017 1:42 PM MDT

From what I've heard, I don't know but you're probably right. I've heard the drinks are bad for the heart. I drink the white-canned Monster Energy Zero Ultra. (I hope I didn't just spam there.) There are no calories, no sugar, lots of vitamin B (6 and 12) and lots of chemical-sounding ingredients. There is no juice listed in the ingredients (natural and artificial flavors are listed).

I don't smoke, though - - that's a plus, I guess.
    :)

Thanks for answering, Zack - Mr.GenXer.
      May 13, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

You're welcome.
      May 13, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

I don't drink anything carbonated.  As for energy drinks, if I feel as though I haven't been getting sufficiently hydrated, I will have a G2 (Gatorade) drink.  Much fewer calories than regular Gatorade and it isn't as sweet.
      May 13, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

Yes, my exercise class instructor/weight trainer told me to quit the carbonation. Oh, well.
    Your approach is healthier than mine. Thanks for your input, SpunkySenior!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 6, 2017 9:38 AM MDT
      May 13, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

Carbonation just adds bloat and there's really no nutritional value in soda.  You're welcome. :)
      May 13, 2017 9:38 PM MDT

Never had one...LOL
    not even one taste.

May 13, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

I'm sure you're better off not having tried them, Baba!
      May 13, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

OMG! LOL! You had me going there! Was that really a scene from "Rosemary's Baby?" I only saw that movie once - - loved it, though. Funny -- I remember most the very beginning -- the lovely lullaby sung by Mia Farrow, I believe, over the opening credits.

Yes, I have a feeling I might be too reliant on this particular energy drink -- I mention it in Zack - Mr.GenXer's answer - -. I know they're bad. Again, I don't drink it for energy -- it clams me. (I've read that that effect can happen with people who may have hyperactivity [which some friends believe I have some characteristics of] ).
    Anyway, I know they're bad, yes.
    Thanks for answering, WingedWonder!
      May 13, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

I have never had an energy drink. Water and natural (no sugar added) are what I drink. I also take a B-12 supplement for an energy boost.
      May 13, 2017 4:45 PM MDT

That makes more sense than what I'm currently doing.
    Thanks, Element 99!
      May 13, 2017 5:16 PM MDT

Energy drinks never really worked on me either. I guess I'm such a coffee fiend that I've become immune to the effects. All that happens now is a horrendous headache if I'm deprived of my caffeine.
      May 13, 2017 7:05 PM MDT

I've not experienced headache deprivation from not drinking the energy drinks, yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they happened to me.
    Thanks, Patchouli!
      May 14, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

i dont drink them but thats weird they dont give you energy, i tend to drink coffee more
      May 14, 2017 5:39 PM MDT

Energy drinks principally contain caffeine, which tends to boost alertness, and sugar, which gives the body energy. There have been reports of people dying from drinking too many in one day, so watch your consumption. Sugar can make you fat, and Rockstar has a particularly high sugar content. They don't seem to have much effect on me. I don't drink more than one can in any day. I have not drunk one for some time, as they just don't seem to be worth bothering with.
      May 15, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

Most energy drinks that are marketed as such contain taurine. The effect it has on the human body is similar to that of caffeine.
      May 15, 2017 3:37 PM MDT

Being a bit irreverent here I know... but just to say.. cats need taurine - I've been known to supplement taurine for sick cats.  Perhaps we should save all the taurine for kitties :P
      May 15, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

I never knew that!
      June 5, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

Sorry for my delay in responding, HarryDemon.
    The one I like the most has no sugar at all. (Which is probably not a good thing, too, ha!) 
    Thanks for answering!
      June 5, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

That's entirely OK, Welby. Sometimes, I take a while to get back to people, too!
      June 6, 2017 8:47 AM MDT