Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » The body is confined by and limited to space and time. The mind, spirit, emotion? Limitless. Do you focus on what limits you? Why?

The body is confined by and limited to space and time. The mind, spirit, emotion? Limitless. Do you focus on what limits you? Why?

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

I am limited because I live in a world where we are confined by a body, the only times I feel like I'm not, is when I'm smooching with my partner, because (and get ready for the romance) I feel like our souls are joined and I'm meshed into him, which gives me a sense of peace in a sensual place, and the other time is when I am asleep and dreaming. If I tried to fly when I was awake, they'd be a yucky mess on the pavement :)

I feel most free within this body, when I'm out in the country away from the madness, there nature shows me that no wild animal is running around frantically. We are very different to other species, we do not live in harmony with our environment, we adapt our environment to suit us, we place value in things that are valueless in their world. We talk about things that would be utter nonsense in their world.  You never see a robin, a sparrow, a fox, worrying about if they have the latest mobile, bragging about their designer clothes (as if spending loads of money for a top with someone elses name on is a smart move and somehow makes us better people) O_o You never see a rabbit worrying about it's status on Facebook, or how many followers it has.  Animals tend to pick strong leaders, Where as we?......(looks at current polticians and world leaders)....well we're pathetic. This post was edited by Pepper Pot at May 15, 2017 11:50 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

((hugs)) I second that PepperP. We humans are definitely a pathetic species. We are our own worst enemies. We are blind and deaf and dumb to all the things that matter and argue about/have wars about all the things that don't. Not ALL OF US. Only the ones among us who have the power and the money to control what kind of world we inhabit. Thank you for a most wonderful reply to my question. I appreciate that you are a person who is open to sharing part of you. It means a lot to me that you do! Happy Monday to thee! :)
      May 15, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

Happy Monday to you too RosieG :)
      May 15, 2017 11:47 AM MDT

Merci! :)
      May 15, 2017 12:06 PM MDT

sometimes, depending on what it is
      May 15, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

Yes often, where the limits mean I can't be better at the things I like to do.
      May 15, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

Only long enough to get it out of the way.
      May 15, 2017 3:31 PM MDT