Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Ever actually tell someone to "shut up"? What were the circumstances?

Ever actually tell someone to "shut up"? What were the circumstances?

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

• Yes, just recently on Skype! Someone kept bugging me about things about another site I used to be a Mod on and I tried to be nice and just explain that I'm not there anymore and you're on your own. But it kept going on till I finally blew. I sent this video to the person and never heard any more about it. 
      May 15, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

I am 79 years old Rooster as you know. For the first time in my life I told someone who was in my home "can't you just SHUT UP?" I had to repeat it several times before he shut up. I was furious. He was a repair person we've known for a few years. A plumber. For the first time politics came up. He voted for Trump. He proceeded to go through the entire playbook litany of anti-Hillary Republicans. Robotically. At first I tried to be polite but he would have none of it. He kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on. I got really angry and finally told him to shut up. I yelled it in fact. I could not believe it. What a colossal boorish pathetic excuse for a human being.  I never knew it before. I do now. So I guess there is a first time for anything. Do I regret it ? I do not. He was insulting and impolite and rude and insisted on being that way until I lost it.  I'm the customer for god's sakes! He didn't even have the brains/courtesy to remember that. Jim says he apologized for upsetting me on his way out. I don't accept it. It's bullsh** crap. When I asked that we move on to something else he should have done so. He didn't. Like Trump he doubled down and doubled down and doubled down. What an ARSE! Thank you for your reply Rooster and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 15, 2017 6:37 AM MDT
      May 15, 2017 6:32 AM MDT

• Just like what we see here every day from anti-Trump people, huh? 
      May 15, 2017 1:24 PM MDT

The dog, 30 seconds ago. She's barking at an owl.
      May 15, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

no, but ive wanted to say that to my neighbors who's always talking loud in the halls so i cant do nothing
      May 15, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

I actually sent that message today, not in those exact words though.  I owed it to my Mother, I promised to look after her.  She is so out of control with her hatred and lies, someone had to say something. 
      May 15, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

I know I've said it. I can't remember the most recent time, though - - or any time, actually, as far as the circumstances.

But I've just seen your question right when I'm planning on posting a question about a song with those same lyrics!
    :)
      May 15, 2017 1:37 PM MDT