Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » OMG. Treachery in the Oval Office. Lock him up, or string him up?

OMG. Treachery in the Oval Office. Lock him up, or string him up?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/15/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-officials-wapo.html

Y
ou can't make this stuff up. Impeachment just HAS to follow.

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

Just when you think it can't get any worse - it does.  String him up from the Capitol Dome.
      May 15, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

If it's true I think they should lock him up but in a military prison and the same punishment should go to any one that was part of it. Even if it's not true Trump should not of been allowed to have a closed door meeting with no American media present. Cheers!
      May 15, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

May 15, 2017 6:25 PM MDT

Don't forget about Hillary.  She opened up our government to all kinds of outside sources.  Where are the "lock her up" cries?
      May 15, 2017 6:23 PM MDT

Hear the crickets?
      May 15, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

The Trumpettes have been screaming that for a year. Where have you been?
      May 15, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

Why isn't everyone screaming about Trump... screaming about Hillary?
      May 16, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

• When you speak politics, I get weak-kneed.  Maybe we could meat up at an erection pole sometime :)
    LOL This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 16, 2017 4:07 PM MDT
      May 16, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

• Did you know some of those booths have "Freedom Holes"?

LOL
      May 16, 2017 4:27 PM MDT

I find it interesting that "current and former U.S. officials" leaked the very information they claim Trump leaked to Russia to the press, and which they describe as:

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

If is so restricted, why is it being shared with former officals and the press?

The Post is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities. “Everyone knows this stream is very sensitive, and the idea of sharing it at this level of granularity with the Russians is troubling,” said a former senior U.S. counterterrorism official who also worked closely with members of the Trump national security team. He and others spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the subject. 

If Trump did share information about an ISIS threat with Russia that was supplied by a "partner" that does not want the information shared with our allies in the fight against ISIS, that would certainly be a bad move diplomatically and possibly strategically with the unnamed source...but it does beg the question of just who this "partner" is and why they do not want our allies fighting ISIS to know.  

If Trump did this, I realize that you believe it to be an impeachable offense, but it is not, as both WaPo and the article you linked stated:

While Trump's release of highly classified information could seriously damage the U.S. relationship with the ally that collected the information, the president, as the Post noted, has the broad authority to declassify information.

May 15, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

• String him up
      May 15, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

He shared info about possible aerial attacks....this is not a surprise to anyone (remember 911) He did not give the specific details. 
    Also a President can decide what is and is not classified....so no crime. 
    Also if it is so classified, why does the media have the information?
      May 16, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

• He barred US media from being present. 
    I'm sure he shared much, much more than what you say.
    Trump is a full blown Russian spy in many eyes now..including mine
      May 16, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

No different from a week ago. 
      May 16, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

• What is different??? Trump is diggin his own hole. In the court of  Public opion,  licking Russian tail is not very popular. Even the appearance. His appearance at that is bigley yuge 
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 16, 2017 3:24 PM MDT
      May 16, 2017 3:23 PM MDT

I was saying the people who believe that now are the same people who believed it last week and the week before that and the months before that. So really no change. 
      May 16, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

Nothing is going to happen to him anytime soon. I keep telling you all.
      May 16, 2017 5:32 PM MDT