Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Parents, do you allow your kids to have friends of the opposite sex?

Parents, do you allow your kids to have friends of the opposite sex?

Posted - May 15, 2017

Responses

Been years ago but that was okay...
      May 15, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Why the hell not? Kids are kids, gender actually doesn't matter when they're little. As teens, it's still okay as long as they're not alone in their room with an opposite sex friend with the door closed (they may find a way around that restriction but let's not be stupid about it).
      May 15, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

Having a same sex partner is not going to resullt in an unwanted pregnancy. Unless very precocious and promiscuous, they're unlikely to have an STI that young.
      May 15, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

• I can't imagine not allowing kids to have friends of the opposite sex. It's one thing to not allow them to go into a closed room with said opposite sex friend, a box of condoms, and a Barry White album, but 1) not everyone must have sex with their opposite sex friends and 2) men and women have a hard enough time understanding each other without allowing them to even be friends as they grow up. My parents never had an issue with the fact that a couple of my closest friends growing up were female and they often came over to my house and I to theirs. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 24, 2017 4:41 PM MDT
      May 15, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

im not a parent but when i was growing up i wasnt allowed friends at all no matter what sex they were
      May 15, 2017 9:32 PM MDT

That sounds tough. How did you manage to become so 'normal'?
      May 15, 2017 11:25 PM MDT

Absolutely!  Friends are friends no matter what sex, age, creed, color, dimension, size, or location.  It doesn't matter if they have 2 legs, 4 legs, no legs at all.  It doesn't matter is they can speak, hear, see or talk.  Friends and family are precious and allowed in any style This post was edited by Merlin at May 25, 2017 2:09 PM MDT
      May 24, 2017 4:42 PM MDT