Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In the interests of NATIONAL SECURITY shouldn't the Intelligence Community withhold supersensitive info and give the prez fake news?

In the interests of NATIONAL SECURITY shouldn't the Intelligence Community withhold supersensitive info and give the prez fake news?

Whether he does it on purpose or is totally clueless he is a loose cannon and loose cannons ought to be confined to what they set their sights so that nothing important is damaged when it goes BOOM. Loose cannons ALWAYS go BOOM. That's why they're loose cannons. :(

Posted - May 16, 2017

Responses

That might actually be worse. He might decide to ACT on that fake news, in much the same way that Dubya did (Iraq's WMDs didn't exist).
      May 16, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

I don't know if that would be any worse than what he is doing now Sbf. And what he is getting away with. How many things has he done so far that are impeachable offenses? Lawrence Tribe, A Constitutional Harvard Law Professor, said that the minute he took the oath of office he had committed an impeachable offense. He profits from foreign investments daily and that is not allowed. He should have REALLY divested himself of all his holdings and he did not do that. He did not put them in a blind trust. He didn't do a dam* thing. Each day he does something worse than he did the day before.  And yet he still has devoted followers. I have a feeling this presidency will be the subject of discussion/study in colleges forever after. An excursion into the Looking Glass where nothing makes sense and evil controls. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 17, 2017 3:00 AM MDT

• #happymeal ...#yoko ... I love all the fake need o get one here cos I said so! It's like a happy meal ;) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YIJ1pZEBc

May 17, 2017 12:34 AM MDT

• Yeah, that's just what we need....MORE FAKE news..Sheesh!!
      May 17, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

In the interests of NATIONAL SECURITY shouldn't the intelligence community withhold supersensitive info from the press???
      May 17, 2017 10:49 AM MDT

• ohhh...I like your answer better. :)
      May 17, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

Thank you.  With all the outrage over this, I've not seen any directed at the "unnamed sources".  Certainly not around here.
      May 17, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

• You probably won't either. 
      May 17, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

Nor should you. Principle 8 of the Inter-American Declaration of Principles on Freedom of Expression.

The right of the press to protect its sources is enshrined in international law. At the time Watergate broke, nobody knew who "Deep Throat" was and Woodward and Bernstein weren't telling (then FBI Associate Director Mark Felt outed himself in 2005).
      May 17, 2017 6:00 PM MDT

We aren't talking about them being named, but about the hypocrisy of those outraged at Trump but not the sources, who, by their actions did precisely what they said Trump's action might do.  They did out the source, and if anyone ends up endangered because of it, they will be the ones responsible.
      May 17, 2017 6:08 PM MDT

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean the the Intelligence Committee? I don't know anything about an intelligence community. Also what I know is there is classified material and sensitive material. They are different, and you are not supposed to release either one to unauthorized persons or foreign countries who are not your allies. 

The president receives all classified information through briefings. He should know more than the intelligence committee. That information comes from the FBI or the CIA. I don't think the intelligence committee gets it, unless they request it for their investigation. 

The problem with Trump is that he gets his news from FOX everyday. He refuses to get daily briefings. Remember that he said that was a big waste of time? He is stubborn and does what he wants. 
      May 17, 2017 6:34 PM MDT