Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » If someone were to tell you "Get over it" would you? Or would you just get angrier and wanna punch the loudmouth out but wouldn't? Why?

If someone were to tell you "Get over it" would you? Or would you just get angrier and wanna punch the loudmouth out but wouldn't? Why?

Posted - May 17, 2017

Responses

I would read and re-read all my questions and answers and take notes on the most used words and phrases.  Then I would call a therapist and show them to that person and at least listen to what they had to say. 
      May 17, 2017 6:14 PM MDT

You would? Not me.  I don't take well to getting orders from anyone Star. I'm a grownup. I make up my own mind.  Receiving courteous/polite/cordial/.thoughftul/helpful suggestions is one thing. Being told to "get over it"?  That doesn't work with me. Never has. Never will. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 19, 2017 4:27 AM MDT

That would depend on what they're telling me to get over.
      May 17, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

I don't follow commands/demands/orders Patch. I'm an adult. I make up my mind about things based on my views at the time. Now chatting with friendly people who may suggest alternatives to my position in a polite and helpful manner is fine. They're coming from a different place. They are trying to be helpful and maybe they aren't but you know what their intention is and intention is very important. At least that is true for me.  Anyone who rudely orders me to do anything gets tuned out immediately. I guess I'm stubborn. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 19, 2017 4:31 AM MDT