Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Sure you should treat everyone on an individual basis but at what point does giving everyone a chance become impractical

Sure you should treat everyone on an individual basis but at what point does giving everyone a chance become impractical

and unlivable? So many blows you can take before they take their toll on you.

Posted - May 18, 2017

Responses

Oh I have an enormous capacity to take blows :P Sure one can feel despondent for a while but I am a hopeless optimist.. so my optimism and enthusiasm always returns...

I'd say... it depends on your job and your feelings on the matter.. I actually consciously DO try to treat everyone as an individual... in my job that's important.. they aren't just students they are people.. I notice that others in my dept don't do the same..and seem to tar them all with the same brush and seem to forget that they have lives and commitments , and simply think they can and should fit in with *our* plans.. that annoys me to be honest...

Often my going the extra mile to help someone is not rewarded with a positive outcome.. but sometimes, just sometimes, it is... and those occasions make it worthwhile :) 

I can imagine though that in some situations and jobs it's harder to treat people as individuals... so it might be impractical for some.
      May 18, 2017 9:47 AM MDT

Thank you Adaydreambeliever for your response. I often delay reading them because my tolerance for negative responses sometimes wanes. It is a flaw in me NOT you. Keep up and be true to what you believe. How else can we easily fight it?
      May 18, 2017 9:40 PM MDT

When people go to a disrespect mode, I'm finished with further talk.
      May 18, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

People have a tendency to hear what they wish to hear.  Meaning, giving everyone a chance.   That doesn't mean to go against your instinct and block out common sense.

I am not going to give someone a chance that is coming up to my car when stopped and looks wild and crazy.  I am going to hit the gas and take off.

I am not nuts.

Giving someone a chance is more to do with not judging for no reason because you don't like the cut of his suit.
      May 18, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

probably when the person aint going to change their ways
      May 18, 2017 9:29 PM MDT