Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » When others don't think/feel/believe as you do is that interesting to you or aggravating? Can disagreeing with someone ruin your day? Why?

When others don't think/feel/believe as you do is that interesting to you or aggravating? Can disagreeing with someone ruin your day? Why?

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

• I don't expect everyone to always agree with me, that would be delusional on my part. What I don't like is someone who doesn't agree with me trying to force their argument down my throat and get me to agree with them. We all see the world differently, and we all have our own ideas and logic on how things are. Disagreeing with someone does not ruin my day, nor does it make my day. I have been known to change my mind if the person I'm disagreeing with can show me proof positive that they are right and I am wrong. I'm not so closed-minded that I can't see logical and factual information on a subject when it's presented in a non-confrontational way. Doesn't matter if the subject is politics, religion, science or how to best cook a hamburger, show me the logic of you argument and I'll process and consider, and sometimes even be swayed.  
      May 20, 2017 9:41 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer Karen. I'm interested in WHY people think as they do. I think/believe what makes sense to me and I expect that's true for most people. But if what they believe makes absolutely no sense to me at all then I keep asking why until I can at least grasp their WHY. For instance why would anyone support  anyone whose actions/words harm them? That makes absolutely no sense to me and I can't lie and pretend it does. Why would anyone support anyone who rescinds laws that are there to safeguard their health? Clean air. Clean water. Who doesn't want that? Why would anyone support someone who rolls back rules regarding the FDA? That means  less legislation to keep your food safe, your cosmetics safe and the drugs you take safe too? I mean  does any of that make any sense at all to you? It doesn't to me. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 20, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

It would be a dull world if everyone agreed.
      May 20, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

depends on what its about
      May 20, 2017 4:46 PM MDT