Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How does being in pain affect your disposition? Do you get rude/cranky/complainy/mean/irascible/unfriendly? Or do you hide it? How?

How does being in pain affect your disposition? Do you get rude/cranky/complainy/mean/irascible/unfriendly? Or do you hide it? How?

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

• If I'm around someone or talking with someone on the Phone or Skype? I'll do my best to hide it as it's my problem but it does make me cranky and ornery. But I don't complain to anyone about it. Unless I need to go to the Doctor? I just live with it till it's gone.
      May 20, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

• Would expect nothing less from the Duke :)
      May 20, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

That's kinda tricky isn't it Rooster? What if you SHOULD HAVE gone to the doctor but you decide to live with it? How do you decide what is worthy of a medical expert's attention and what isn't? Amount of pain? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      May 20, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

I get even quieter than usual, I also get pretty irritable and sometimes snap at people. I just want to be left alone when I'm feeling icky.
      May 20, 2017 6:35 AM MDT

Me too. I just wanna curl up in a fetal position and be left alone. I'm not a lotta fun to be around during such times! Thank you for your reply Patch! :)
      May 20, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

Low grade irritations make me grumpy---and I just try and warn people that I'm "not myself."  if I'm really feeling bad, I tend to isolate myself and not inflict myself on others.
      May 20, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Me too tj.  It's fair to warn people. Then if they ignore the warning whatever they get from you is on them! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      May 21, 2017 3:22 AM MDT

not long, im not in the greatest mood now after tripping on something last wk and hitting my head and getting a lump on it not to mention my side hurts too, so annoying,i still have a headache from it
      May 20, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Sunday! :)
      May 21, 2017 3:37 AM MDT

• Rosie, I have a low threshold for pain. I'm all the above. I've never been a good patient for anybody. It's a reluctant confession, but true just the same.
      May 21, 2017 10:29 AM MDT