Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Keep in mind we haven't been back to the Moon in over 40yrs Stephen Hawking is now saying, due to Climate Change, we have 100yrs,

Keep in mind we haven't been back to the Moon in over 40yrs Stephen Hawking is now saying, due to Climate Change, we have 100yrs,

down from 1000, to colonize other worlds. Or else what? Is he nuttier now than before?

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

• What connection are you trying to establish between moon excursions and climate change?  Do you have an counter point to Dr. Hawking's position or just childish name calling?
      May 20, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

Let me spell it out to you. WE ARE NOT READY TO COLONIZE OTHER WORLDS. IT TOOK A NATIONAL EFFORT TO GET TO THE MOON AND WE HAVE NOT BEEN BACK IN 40 YEARS. Telling the world we have 100 years before the Earth becomes uninhabitable so we must pour resources into colonizing other worlds is nutty. I don't care how smart he is. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 20, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      May 20, 2017 9:00 AM MDT

Not 'un-inhabitable' just incapable of sustaining the necessary effort.

But I too think he is wrong in this. Wrong because he seems to assume that the way we went there is the only way to go there.
      May 20, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

I don't think he is nutty.  I think he is being misquoted and misunderstood.  As usual. 
      May 20, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

I think he just really wants to see another world colonized before he dies, that's why he's trying to scare us into picking up the pace.
      May 20, 2017 6:48 PM MDT