Active Now

my2cents
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The 'right' people claim their goal is to make the world a better place. What is their concept of ' a better place'?

The 'right' people claim their goal is to make the world a better place. What is their concept of ' a better place'?

Posted - May 21, 2017

Responses

• All things considered, it really looks like we've got nowhere to go but up. But opinions are like mouths, everybody's got one. When I look at the condition of the world, I truly fear for those with their entire lives before them as well as for generations to come. When you've been around as long as I have, you can compare and contrast today with other periods of time and see the general breakdown in civilization. 
      May 21, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

History repeats itself.  The "right" people, as I understand it are those who are already in power.  They are the ones that can really change the future for better or worse.  Unfortunately they usually just make it better for themselves.  I see the modern industrial, technological world going the same way as the Roman Empire and the late Monarchies of Europe, concentration of power at the center and then erosion from the outside (fringes of society) inward. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at May 21, 2017 3:30 PM MDT
      May 21, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

Just personal opinion but imo, the *right* people represent a backward step.. they want to take us back to a time when women had fewer choices, and where effectively men and women were trapped in unhappy marriages which didn't fulfill either.. And it wasn't just bad for women...it was a time when only some had rights and others were abused, made scapegoats or subjected daily to humiliation and disrespect.

What we have now is far from perfect... there are many things that seem worse.. but we shouldn't forget that there are many things that are better and our lives are, for the most part, freer, with more choice and less hard. 
      May 21, 2017 12:09 PM MDT

More for the rich.
      May 21, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

not sure what they mean by that either
      May 21, 2017 3:31 PM MDT