Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » To prevent Trump from tweeting keep him traveling. You like?

To prevent Trump from tweeting keep him traveling. You like?

The first VAGABOND prez. Nomad. The world is his home!

Posted - May 21, 2017

Responses

• I'll never understand why people hate that President Trump uses Twitter. What does it matter? Millions of people use Twitter. Many are far worse than President Trump's and far more often.
      May 21, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

In the interests of answering your question, and seriously hoping you can take it as that and not turn round and attack me...  I would say that the problem is.. that it's not a) dignified or professional for a prez to be spilling his guts and ire out on a social media platform b) one would hope that he had better things to do c) it's rarely thought through and frequently comes back to bite him in the backside.. so from that point of view it shows poor judgement..  I would agree we all, can use it.. but see I and you are subject to the same rules.. If I have a bad day at work and I go to Twitter and vent my disgust - then likelihood is that I'd lose my job... so since we do all have to be careful so should he.. his posts are NOT reasoned or reasoning, they are ill-tempered, ill-conceived rants.

Personally I love him tweeting.. cos he makes himself look more and more unprofessional and lacking in presidential demeanour  - and it gives his many, many, many detractors ammunition - which is all good as far as i am concerned and you can't say it isn't his own fault. 
      May 21, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

• I can't say as far as Twitter is concerned, but I follow his Facebook page and I like that he posts as often as he does. I like that he posts his schedule for certain days or bits and pieces of his speeches, or what he plans to do such aa the honoring of our fallen men and women in the police force. I like how it isn't politically correct. True, I don't care for the way it comes off as ranting many times, but I don't give it a second thought.

By the way, thanks for answering my question instead of calling me a nieve idiot or whatever the fancy term is today, lol.
      May 21, 2017 12:31 PM MDT

I don't hate it.  It just reminds everyone that he is a 70 year old adolescent with the insight and knowledge to match.

Trump comes across as a petulant teenager on twitter---settling scores, responding to slights, and popping off whenever he feels like it. (http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/trump-tweets-russia/)

Do you take pleasure in being reminded that our president has never heard of John Maynard Keynes (prime the pump) and doesn't care enough about spelling (of homophones) to re-read what he writes before he posts it?

May 21, 2017 12:21 PM MDT

Presidential travel is VERY EXPENSIVE. However, he can make friends with many countries, perhaps something that leads to peaceful co-existence. I remember seeing a comment on Yahoo Answers allegedly by Kim Jung Un's late father whining about how the United States would not send medicine to North Korea. (this was during the O'Bama administration)
      May 21, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

Oh yes, great idea, cos I mean, like Trump is soooooo popular around the world and he's such a fantastic diplomat.. I am sure he won't put his usual two left feet right in his great big cake hole and piss everyone around the world off..  :P
      May 21, 2017 11:28 AM MDT

Trump the Tramp---what a difference a letter makes.  (But please avoid insulting the Nomads in the future---lol)
      May 21, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

With a name like Trump and person that looks/talks/sounds like him there are so many ways to skewer the poor guy. We don't even hafta try. It's way too easy! No challenge there. Thank you for your reply tj! :) Although I do kinda like your trumping Trump with a Tramp! Yep! I do! :)
      May 22, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

he can still do that while travelling
      May 21, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

The point is he hasn't done so since he left on his trip pearl. That's the point. He hasn't.
      May 22, 2017 1:14 PM MDT

A Trump Movement?
      May 22, 2017 1:20 PM MDT

Twitter can cancel his account, but I don't think they can do that.
      May 22, 2017 1:23 PM MDT