Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Melania and Ivanka did not wear scarves in Saudia Arabia. The Emperor criticized Michelle Obama for doing the same in 2015. Why?

Melania and Ivanka did not wear scarves in Saudia Arabia. The Emperor criticized Michelle Obama for doing the same in 2015. Why?

He is a flaming HYPOCRITE for sure but maybe he also suffers from ALZHEIMER'S and doesn't remember what he said to whom about what or when. That would explain his flippin' flipfloppin' woodenit? He has an incurable disease that renders him the way he is. It will get worse. Alzheimer's is a progressive disease that doesn't get better. I'm just  sayin'! :)

Posted - May 22, 2017

Responses

I love your commentary.  LOL

He is a flaming idiot.  Does he need a further diagnosis?  His actions speak louder than his big mouth even.
      May 22, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

Thank's Sharonna. "Flaming" is why he is always orange. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 22, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

he shouldnt be criticising anyone for that, people should be able to wear what they want
      May 22, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

I think the most shocking thing he's done there (so far) was calling Islam "one of the world's great religions" after basing much of his campaign on Islamophobia. You'd think that he would be alienating a large percentage of his racist, bigoted followers with that remark. But I'm pretty sure they'll excuse it away, as they do everything else. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/20/anderson_cooper_to_jeffrey_lord_if_trump_took_a_dump_on_your_desk_you_would_defend_it.html
      May 22, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

He could murder someone and they'd stick by him. They are lovesick. We all know what a lovesick person will do. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and the link SA! :)
      May 22, 2017 12:17 PM MDT

• Definitely a hypocrite, there's no denying it whatsoever. At the time people criticized every single little thing the Obamas did. If they had worn headscarves, Trump probably would've criticized them too. That's how every presidency goes. 

That said, I don't care one bit that they didn't wear headscarves. Would Saudi women take off their headscarves coming to the U.S. or Europe? Probably not. 
      May 22, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply NevanB and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      May 22, 2017 12:18 PM MDT

I really don't care what they wear.  No FLOTUS has ever worn a head scarf when visiting a Muslim country.

The rest is politics as usual: anything the other party does is wrong....why would not that apply to Trump before and after he became President Trump.
      May 22, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

Why?  He stated his opinion.  Last I knew, that was still allowed.

As to his wife and daughter not wearing head coverings, had they, I've no doubt you would gleefully have posted several 'questions' complaining that he a)  wimped out on his hardline anti-Muslim stance, and b)  is a misogynist that forced them to do so.  

May 22, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

He wimped out on his hardline Anti-Muslim stance anyway, referring to Islam in his speech as "one of the world's great religions". It's the hypocrisy that is particularly galling. He blasted Michelle for doing precisely what his wife and daughter did.
      May 22, 2017 7:50 PM MDT

Trump made no bones about the fact that terrorism arises from extreme Islamic ideology in the ME and that they must themselves confront and fight it.  His speech was anything but "wimpy".

He used the following words:
    Terror/ism/ist (31)
    Radical/ization/ism (3)
    Barbaric/ism (3)
    Evil (1)
    Wicked (1)
    Depravity (1)
    Violence/ent (7)
    Extreme/ism/ist (8)

And the following phrases:
    "Craven ideology"
    "Islamist extremism"
    "Islamist terror groups"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/politics/trump-saudi-speech-transcript/

May 23, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

• Donald Trump is not Melania Trump she has her own ideas and opinions which don't have to mirror his.  If she refuses to cover her head then that's her business. If she had covered her head then you would have been screaming that they were pandering to the Muslims.  Prime Minister May didn't wear a head covering either nor did Angela Merkel.
      May 22, 2017 8:37 PM MDT