Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Has AnswerMug become AnswerBug?

Has AnswerMug become AnswerBug?

Gah, it's as bad as the old Bag used to be

Posted - May 22, 2017

Responses

• Today it seems to be pretty bad :(
      May 22, 2017 5:13 PM MDT

• I haven't been on since early this morning and it still took twice to even load. I could have taken a nap!
      May 22, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

Yes!  Sometimes I feel like I'm back in the dial-up days.
      May 23, 2017 1:18 AM MDT

• It was really really slow yesterday and it's not much faster today. 
      May 23, 2017 2:42 AM MDT

• It sure has, ever since it moved to the new platform six months ago, it's been nothing but a pain on the backside. The other thing I can't get my head around is why have an adult & free for all group if posting adult content is frowned upon & band by the the Dr Do Rights that police this site. How many times have you heard people say "it was a great party, but I stayed too long, what can I say.   
      May 23, 2017 3:41 AM MDT

• It has been one headache after another since the migration. 
      May 23, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

• Hey sweetie, I've sent you a PM, hopefully it won't get banned again.   
      May 23, 2017 4:15 AM MDT

• And back at ya hun. 
      May 23, 2017 4:33 AM MDT

• PM's get banned? I thought those were supposed to be private.
      May 23, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

Her post on adult got banned... so she made it private.... I see she's finally escaped 
      May 23, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

• I don't think we're going to either. 
      May 23, 2017 4:27 AM MDT

•   May 23, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

I commented on Karen's post, but I'll address it here as well.

Development stopped due to lack of funding. I have some more money of my own that I'm putting into the site again and have given the developers the green light to start making changes again. Depending on how your browser/ device retain memory, you will likely experience the same issues occasionally over the next couple of weeks as they update codes on the back end of the site. If you get bumped off the site, you should be able to log back in. If you're experiencing delays or decreased functionality, please try doing a hard refresh of your browser or clearing your cache. That should fix any residual issues with your browser/ device "remembering" the old code and getting confused because it doesn't jive with the new.

For a full list of the changes coming, you can visit my blog on development: http://answermug.com/blogs/145/1721/mug-development-list
    The devs are starting with the Q&A, then moving into the groups.

Unfortunately, there's really nothing that can be done about the blips because we're making improvements- something the bag never did at the end. It should result in a more stable, more functional site, so I appreciate your patience as we bring it up to the next level.

If you guys run into issues that cannot be corrected by hard refreshes and cache clears, please report them and give me as much detail as possible- including your browser info, device info, and a detailed description of the problem. If you can't report issues here on the site, my alternate email answermugger (at) gmail.com should work.
      May 23, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

Thanks for the update, JA. It seems to be running better now, Sunday and Monday (local time) were very frustrating. Something the Mug doesn't have which the Bag did was an APB blog on which Rich or Tu (occasionally when they could be bothered) kept members up to date when site maintenance was happening. Maybe that's a future tweak which could be considered?
      May 23, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

I did post a blog warning people that the changes were coming (see link in my initial response), and I've said it will be pretty much ongoing for the last couple of weeks in May. In the past, I've put notices on the home page (which nobody read) and sent out emails (which nobody read). Even when I post a question about the update, people miss it. There's no real way to reach everyone. Plus, we aren't expecting any actual downtime. There might be a couple of minutes during an update here and there were people get booted, but if I make a big deal about it, it's just going to confuse people more. The key thing to remember is to do hard refreshes and cache clears if you have an issue. That should fix any problems anyone has, whether they come online during an update, right after one, or the day after- it's usually a problem with the browser retaining old memories.
      May 23, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

I even switched browsers - no good.
      May 23, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

not that i know of
      May 23, 2017 3:50 PM MDT