Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Ol' Hil' (Hillary Rodham Clinton) lost the 2016 presidential ejection. Is that sufficient compensation for not being sentenced to prison?

Ol' Hil' (Hillary Rodham Clinton) lost the 2016 presidential ejection. Is that sufficient compensation for not being sentenced to prison?

~

Posted - May 23, 2017

Responses

You got it twisted in reverse. NOT being sentenced to prison is compensation for NOT winning the election.
      May 23, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

Considering she got the popular vote (out of 52% of those eligible to do so), Gerry Mander is the one who ought to be locked up. Hill made no attempt to obstruct the FBI investigation (which found she had no case to answer), either. That's the "high crime and misdemeanor" that Trump is obviously guilty of, and that sunk Nixon.
    It's 1973 all over again. If you’re too young to remember (like me, I was four) then study a little modern history. Given that Trump fired Sally Yates as well, he's WORSE than Nixon (Tricky Dick didn't fire his AG, Richardson resigned).
      May 23, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

Wrong. Presidential elections have never been decided by national popular vote, but by the Electoral College, whose winner is determined by the popular vote in each of (now) 51 separate state elections. The election was more than 6 months ago and it's past time to let go and quit whining about the popular vote. It just doesn't matter.

And while I don't particularly like Trump either, it's not clear that he's done anything that rises to the level of impeachment and what Nixon did. The preponderance of such "evidence" appears to be reports based on unnamed sources in the New York Times and the Washington Post. Time will tell if that changes in accordance with your obviously wishful thinking.
      May 23, 2017 6:24 PM MDT

So was Watergate. "Deep Throat" remained unnamed until 2005, when Mark Felt outed himself. Wishful thinking be damned, even if Russian collusion is not proven, the fact that Trump pressured the FBI head to drop the investigation, then fired him when he refused to do so, is undeniable. That's obstruction. Slam Dunk.
      May 23, 2017 7:27 PM MDT

As I said, time will tell if any actual evidence surfaces to change the facts in accordance with your obviously wishful thinking. At this point, it's questionable. You only call it a slam dunk because you desperately want that to be true. You obviously are anything but objective - and neither are the NY Times or Washington Post.
      May 23, 2017 9:47 PM MDT

Trump. Interfered. With. The. Investigation.
    Black and white, Comey kept detailed records and the President leaned on him. What do you want, flashing lights? He also fired the acting AG when his choice for AG had to stand aside due to being implicated in the scandal. It's 1973 all over again (if you're too young to remember, study a little modern history). How did that work out for Tricky Dick?
      May 24, 2017 12:53 AM MDT

I'm 57 years old and remember Watergate much better than you do, so your condecenscion is misplaced. If and when such DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE (not unnamed sources) such as the Watergate tapes, if you're too young to remember, comes to light, then that may happen. But unless and until that happens, have a happy pipe dream.
      May 24, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

• HA! No... She should still be in prison.
      May 23, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

no
      May 23, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

maybe
      May 23, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

1. First of all, Hillary may have lost the election, but that does not make her a criminal. 
    2. Therefore, your question does not make sense. 
      May 23, 2017 10:00 PM MDT

There's no direct correlation in the question that denotes losing the election as a criminal act; the criminality is based on the other acts she and Slick Willy pulled off. 
    ~
      May 23, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

You're right.  She was a criminal long before the election.
      May 24, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

• She was never going to go to prison. That was an absurd fantasy of the Republicans. You want to talk about wishful thinking--listen to any of the rhetoric around Hillary's supposed golden ticket to the slammer. 
      May 24, 2017 2:07 AM MDT