Active Now

Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Did Old Mother Hubert have reasonable child rearing practices?

Did Old Mother Hubert have reasonable child rearing practices?

Posted - May 23, 2017

Responses

LOL not for me to say.. I don't hit my kids, i talk to them, reason with them, explain and try to teach them that there are natural consequences of their actions.. I am not pro-hitting kids.. I am pro-respect for everyone... kids, adults, etc.
      May 23, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

• Blimey!  I thought you Brits were all about six of the best and all that.
      May 23, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

Well there you go then.. exaggerated stereotypes :P Yes the old public educational establishments had a reputation for that.. but this was many, many, many years ago.. punishing children went out a long time ago.. Btw in our system public schools means very, very, very posh boarding schools.. they were known to be quite cruel, believing that it build character...  From what I see, having talked to and met many who suffered.. all it does is just create hangups and weird fetishes.. like.. I know two men who were abused and both had a preference for dominating women with no curves and short hair.. I am pretty sure from having talked to them that it was a way for them to get their own back or address the bad things that happened.. they were helpless then and  needed to reenact those scenes but with them in control.. 
      May 23, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

• It is jolly well right that stereotype is what the media portrays, no?  Every British boarding school movie has a caning scene, seems mandatory. Along with a spot of tea. Pip, pip old girl!  Well cheerio then!
      May 23, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

i would hope so
      May 23, 2017 3:20 PM MDT

(Hubbard) [Rhymes with 'cupboard'.]

(child-rearing)

May 28, 2017 8:46 PM MDT