Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever had a happy day turn into sadness at something mean someone said?

Have you ever had a happy day turn into sadness at something mean someone said?

Had a pretty ok day.. went to an interview for next level of my course I am studying.. interview was horrible and they were rude, but it was ok and I knew they were being snooty about our course.. but they did at the end say that I came across well and they could see I was determined and passionate.. I treated myself to coffee and cake on the way home.. then helped daughter with her revising for GCSEs which are the BIG exams here... that went well and then I had a call from the insurance company who FINALLY agreed that the footage of the accident that happened the weekend before last shows clearly that the other driver was at fault.. so my car will get repaired and I am non-fault so it wont harm my insurance record. I painted my daughters nails a sparkly pink, which seemed to  make her happy :) 

All in all a pretty good day.. until..... 

LOL I guess philosophically some days are just like that

Posted - May 23, 2017

Responses

• Food service workers experience this near every day.
      May 23, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

My days are usually OK until my wife gets home. She will usually find something to nit-pick about, she talks very loudly and rarely lets me know ahead of time what she would like for dinner. I can't wait for her to start smoking her weed so she will mellow out.
      May 23, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

no
    but i got a 71 dollar ticket
    happy day turns sour...haha
      May 23, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

Oh heck yes.  I wish I had thicker skin, but I certainly have had days where I have been reduced to tears after someone has done or said something intentionally mean.  

I'm sorry you had a day like this.  At least you can always count on a better day ahead.
      May 23, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

I have no attention span that I know of and that goes for my focus too. So I dont focus on negative remarks for very long either. Like water off a duck thank goodness . So my answer is no. This has not happend to me.
      May 23, 2017 8:31 PM MDT

yes, thats happened to me before
      May 23, 2017 9:41 PM MDT