Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Does it appear to you that people are staying away from here in droves?

Does it appear to you that people are staying away from here in droves?

Posted - May 24, 2017

Responses

• With the endless tsunami of repetitive Trump, tilde and trash bag questions it is not too surprising.
      May 24, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

Take away those questions and all you'd have very few questions left. 
      May 24, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

• And a great improvement on this site.
      May 24, 2017 2:37 PM MDT

Since you opt for not knowing about things around you, I would expect you would be happy with such a situation.
      May 24, 2017 5:42 PM MDT

• The Trump spam is a minor irritant.  Still were it to stop I have some gladness in that.
      May 24, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

• I don't know about droves, but definitely a steady flow of people leaving, or simply not posting / replying. If JA isn't worried about it, neither am I.  
      May 24, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

People come and go. Life gets busy. Especially this time of year. Many new members as well coming on too.
      May 24, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

• I too see new people showing up, problem is very few engage in the Q&A, probably just abandoning their account. That's just what I've observed. 
      May 24, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

Some people like to observe before they start posting much. I know I have not been on as much myself lately as it is spring and I am busy with work. On a business trip now so more time on 10 hr ride...lol
      May 24, 2017 4:44 PM MDT

Not for me to say. There are people I miss greatly but don't seem to see around anymore.. although interestingly I had someone accuse me of being one of those who would eventually bring down the site.. Gosh little old me, I never knew I had that power.. and certainly wouldn't want to even if I could..  
      May 24, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

If you leave I will one less person to pick on. Luv ya.
      May 24, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

If I leave I'd not have you to enjoy the thrust and parry of conversation with - I can more than handle you and you may take that however you wish :P
      May 24, 2017 3:12 PM MDT

I'll take anything you can handle.
      May 25, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

Seems that some of the snowflakes aren't around any more.  Maybe they needed a hug and a safe  space. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 25, 2017 3:59 PM MDT
      May 24, 2017 10:14 AM MDT

• Maybe, I don't know. Personally I've noticed it a lot less active, though. In the past when I've posted 20 responses in a row (or thereabouts), as I did last night, I would wake up to 30 or more notifications. This time I woke up to 3. That indicates the site is more or less dead. It's unfortunate, but I suppose that's how it goes. 

Honestly I don't really care if people are "staying away" because they don't like anti-Trump questions. Yes, the questions can be a bit much, but they are easy to ignore if you're not interested. I would bet money that if those questions were anti-Hillary, these same people would eat them up. They say it's because of the nature of the questions and not the specific content, but I really don't believe that for one minute.

The fact is, it can be a vicious cycle. People are staying away because they think the site isn't good enough for them, but by staying away, they're making the site worse: fewer questions, fewer discussions, less diversity of opinion. We need more people here and staying away doesn't improve the site.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 25, 2017 4:32 PM MDT
      May 24, 2017 10:17 AM MDT

• I disagree with the Hillary part. Anything that is spamming the home page question wise would have the same negative effect, no matter what the subject is. The site is FULL of negativity right now. If I were a brand new member and saw the quantity of anti whatever questions being asked, I'd not stick around either. I''d move on to a site that was more upbeat and fun to be on. I'm only still here because I've been here since the beginning  and just can't stop logging on. When I do log off after being on for a while, I'm not in the best mood because of the vibe of the site. It's really bad on here right now, and I don't know what's going to make it better if we can't retain current and new members. 
      May 25, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

Droves?  Is that near Atlanta?
      May 24, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

If is was, I would have capitalized it. You know I was a former grammar Nazi.
      May 24, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

At least I capitilized Atlanta. I did however, misspell capitilized. ;) This post was edited by carbonproduct at May 24, 2017 5:49 PM MDT
      May 24, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

hahahahahaaaa!  You are funny!!! I only laugh because I am sooooo guilty of making idiotic mistakes when I post.  99 percent of the time it is because I don't proof and I want to get it out and up.  If I don't know, I ask.  Seriously, I have asked Randy, Element or anybody I know that is good at grammar and spelling, etc. To catch me if they can.  I don't mind at all!!!  
    You are in good company carbonproduct!! Big smiles!
      May 24, 2017 5:53 PM MDT

Get it out and up...interesting thought.
      May 25, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

Good Morning Element ~ One of my most infamous and ridiculous mistakes is mispelling, misspelling and typo-s, typos, or typoes.  This, or course, makes me look even more illiterate.  Of all the things not to us or spell correctly... it would have to be those two.  ;) ;)  
    P.S.  Which two are correct?  I've looked them up but for some reason I have found different spelling on the type-o more than once.  Also, it would seem to me that you would drop the second "s" in misspelling.  Overwise, it looks to me like you just forgot to space.  Granted that would make for three "s"s in a row but it still looks funny :) ;)
      May 25, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

My thoughts exactly. 
      May 25, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

Peeople?
      May 24, 2017 11:42 AM MDT