Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Have you ever seen a tornado? (Other than on TV or a movie)

Have you ever seen a tornado? (Other than on TV or a movie)

Posted - May 24, 2017

Responses

no but we've had tornato watches where i live
      May 24, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

• I have not. I know they have occurred here in the Central Valley, but I have not seen one. 
      May 24, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

Yes. About a dozen. I live in tornado alley. They are mesmerizing to watch.
      May 24, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

Yesterday I saw one about two miles away on the highway toward the beach were I live. It scared the daylights out of me. The 28 years Ive lived in Savannah Ive never seen weather like this. Global weather change much? haha. Also, when I opened my back door to take a peek at the weather, I saw the funnel cloud then almost got struck by lightning. It struck about 100 feet from me in my driveway. I was blinded for about 60 seconds it was so bright. It was about as thick as a bathroom sink pipe and it split in two once it hit the cement. Scared the living daylights out of me. Next thing you know it will start to snow in July. ;O
      May 24, 2017 11:20 AM MDT

I saw the neighbor's garage explode and spin upwards. I guess I was too close to actually see the funnel cloud. It was a weak one since our nearby mobile home was not moved.
      May 24, 2017 12:57 PM MDT

• "Yes" ... many years ago in Central Texas.  The house I was staying in had a separate garage and the tornado removed it's roof while we watched from inside the house.
    I also outran in in Alabama while driving a big rig. It was about five miles away.
      May 24, 2017 5:27 PM MDT