Active Now

Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » This afternoon (Wednesday) the Trumpcare CBO score will be available! When revealed will it boost him up/shoot him down? Your guess?

This afternoon (Wednesday) the Trumpcare CBO score will be available! When revealed will it boost him up/shoot him down? Your guess?

Posted - May 24, 2017

Responses

According to CNN:

"According to the CBO, the AHCA will ensure 23 million fewer people than Obamacare by 2026. That's broadly consistent with the 24 million number the earlier health care legislation pushed by Republicans -- but never voted on -- produced.
    In a bit of good news for Republicans, the AHCA is expected to reduce the deficit by $119 billion, less than the $151 billion estimated in the original bill but still a significant chunk of change."
      May 24, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Spunky. I wonder how many Trump voters are on Medicaid and how they will feel about their hero when  they get cut off. Those in a row boat will be left high and dry in a canoe with no oars. They'll probably make excuses for him again and defend him. Those in a sailboat will sit there forever still because they are becalmed.  A painted ship upon a painted ocean. SIGH. Happy Thursday! :)
      May 25, 2017 1:42 PM MDT

See, there's the key---they won't "sit there forever still," they'll just die painfully and relatively quickly.  And then, success will be declared because so many have been gotten off the rolls.  
      May 25, 2017 2:04 PM MDT

I'm not sure they realize just how painful all the Trump budget cuts will be for them.  Many of those states are the ones that get back a lot more from the government than they send in.  I'm guessing they believed the Liar-In-Chief when he said he wasn't going to touch Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid and that they would have wonderful, fantastic access to medical care.  There's a vast difference between access to medical care and medical coverage.  We ALL have access to medical care.  Happy Thursday. :)
      May 25, 2017 5:39 PM MDT

i have no idea
      June 1, 2017 5:44 PM MDT