Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Please list 3 things that stress you out that you know shouldn't?

Please list 3 things that stress you out that you know shouldn't?

Mine are : hockey playoffs ( I'm having a panic attack tonight :/ 
- Unorganized cupboards and closets 
- Volume on stereo or radio set on odd number. ( 12 is fine ... 8 is fine ... Nine ... Melt down :( 

Posted - May 25, 2017

Responses

I have probably way more than three. And they all could probably fit within the Serenity Prayer ~

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

:)

If I let go more of little things that do not really matter so much in the long run, I would not stress so much.

(Yeah, this is a rather heavy-handed answer. Sorry. I'm just typing out loud.)
      May 25, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

• No need to be sorry . that's a great answer , thank you :) Annnd Pittsburg just scored :( I can't change that . So it's a perfect answer. I have to destroy my tv with a sledge hammer now. :) then I will accept what I cant change. I don't have a sledge hammer ... Good thing I can't change that 
      May 25, 2017 8:22 PM MDT

thanks!
    Hang in there!
      May 25, 2017 8:30 PM MDT

• Lol thanks :) my team just scored and now its tied with less than two minutes in game .. I'm gonna have to start cleaning cuboards soon ;) I might die of a heart attack if goes to overtime ... Yes I'm overly dramatic ... But I might :/ 
      May 25, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Breathe!
    Breathe!

(I can relate - - I can't watch sports, period.)

:) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 25, 2017 8:38 PM MDT
      May 25, 2017 8:34 PM MDT

• 3rd period just ended ... Going to overtime... I' M SO EXCITED!!!!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE
      May 25, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

I hope your team won!

Either way, do know that you posted one of my very, very favorite groups -- The Pointer Sisters!! I love them in all their phases -- especially when there were four of them singing and they sang tight-harmony jazz! But their soul/pop phase like this song -- great stuff!!
    As a young teenager, after their concert I watched, I found their dressing room and they invited our small group in to their dressing room  (there were four of us in our group - - my dad who drove me to the concert, a young couple I didn't know at all who were just standing there and me - - I talked my dad and this couple in to going with me to find their dressing room!). These ladies are incredibly nice!! We all talked as if we were immediate friends - - they invited us to sit down, they made room for us - - crazy! I'm, not making this up! I can't speak highly enough of the Sisters in their friendliness to fans and their kick-ass talent as singers! And they are HILARIOUS!! SO funny!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 27, 2017 1:17 PM MDT
      May 26, 2017 4:02 PM MDT

• Very cool you got to meet them :) i love them too:) Annnd no my team didn't win :/ probably a good thing cos I don't think I could have taken the stress of watching them I the finals... I almost had a heart attack that night:/ I should invest in valium ,)
      May 27, 2017 1:20 PM MDT

Yeah, again, I can't say enough great things about The Pointer Sisters!
    :) Happy to hear you like them, too.
    I am very much like you about sports -- especially if I want a certain team to win. I simply can't take it and, it may be childish of me, but I now avoid it all and just look the next day at the final score.
      May 27, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

• I'm only crazy about hockey during playoffs :) i was only half watching that night and on here asking a million questions to distract myself:) lol trying to get through my notifications today I can see I was in full hockey playoff meltdown :) 
      May 27, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

May 27, 2017 1:46 PM MDT

(Those smiles are for Jamie's ninth comment in the previous thread -- it looks like a new answer on my computer.)
      May 27, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

Knowing I have to make a phone call (UGH), socializing with relatives, and having a crush on somebody. AND waiting for the toaster to pop—or anticipating that I will probably forget that the toaster is going to pop.
      May 25, 2017 8:27 PM MDT

That "crush" thing -- yup! I can relate!
      May 25, 2017 8:36 PM MDT

• Lol :) perfect .... I have same issues with phone calls , when my phone rings I just look at it like foo' " this better be an emergency"  thank you :) I feel much more "normal"now. 
      May 25, 2017 8:36 PM MDT

• 1.  Not getting my way!
    2.  People that think they are smarter than I am.
    3.  Trying to remain humble at all times.
      May 25, 2017 8:32 PM MDT

• :) " lord it's hard to be humble , when you're perfect in every way" thank you :)
      May 25, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

• You know ... my children claim that song was written for/about me!  (That's the truth!)  LOL.

May 25, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

• Haha :) my dad used to sing that song all the time so it reminds me of him :)  he was the besterest .. So you must be aight' then :)
      May 25, 2017 8:49 PM MDT

The inability to turn the sound up on my computer and my TV.  It drives me nuts. 
    That so much food that tastes good is fattening.
      May 25, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

1) Social situations- pretty much all of them.
    2) Most clothes.

...Hmm... I think the rest of the stuff that stresses me is justified. I'm not big on stress.
      May 25, 2017 10:14 PM MDT

All things Standard Alien mentioned, PLUS:
    - talking to people in general, (that comes naturally when you have a stutter.)
    - saying the wrong thing that might hurt someone.
    - the concept of time. 
      May 25, 2017 10:26 PM MDT

Cold winters. I have to spend hours at a time outside 

The Nazi janitor in this building who likes making trouble for everybody 

Idiots who ride their bikes on the sidewalk where there are bike lanes available. 
      May 26, 2017 12:25 AM MDT

living on no income, having neighbors that talk loud in the halls all the time so you cant do nothing and the same for construction guys outside that wont leave,
      May 26, 2017 3:45 PM MDT