Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Ever see a movie titled "Lucy"? It's about a woman who achieves 100% use of her brain. Science Fiction. What if it were Science Fact?

Ever see a movie titled "Lucy"? It's about a woman who achieves 100% use of her brain. Science Fiction. What if it were Science Fact?

Whom would we be if we actually could use 100% of our potential? What would a world be like peopled with human beings who did that? Why?

Posted - May 26, 2017

Responses

She posts politically-related questions on AnswerMug, doesn't she?

May 26, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

I saw that film.. I had to watch it twice lol as it was so weird! I liked it.. well I am a sci fi fan.. but definitely thought provoking... I think some people would use it for evil...but being the optimist I am, I would like to think that intelligence brings humility and an understanding of the need to treat the world better.
      May 26, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

We just saw it yesterday Addb. It was a very wild ride. Very mesmerizing. Very "out there". Once she achieved 100% she disappeared and became one with the universe. Remember she texted "I am everywhere". It has stayed with me.  I'm really glad you saw it. Maybe I need to see it again. Jim isn't the scifi fan I am but he found it very thought-provoking. He didn't fall asleep! When he gets bored he often takes a snooze! Thank you for your reply. The violence she exhibited early on was very troubling to me but she did take out all the evil guys. The visual effects I thought were amazing. I can't get them out of my mind!
      May 26, 2017 7:28 AM MDT

It stayed with me too :)
      May 26, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

Someone recently asked the question, "How do we know we are not using 100% of our brain now?  How did we measure that?"
      May 26, 2017 10:34 AM MDT

never seen that movie but it sounds good
      May 26, 2017 1:58 PM MDT