Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » For "Alien" movie fans ~

For "Alien" movie fans ~

~ Artistically speaking, do you find "Alien3," in some ways, the most poetic and beautiful of the "Alien" movies?
And that the ending of "Alien3"  is where the Alien franchise should have ended, artistically?
I find the first three Alien movies all excellent -- especially "Alien" and "Alien3." The first three movies, all different in style, give me a complete experience.

Alien4/Resurrection disappointed me and I stopped watching them after that --  and don't even get me started on the Alien vs Predator films.

BUT I do admit to enjoying "Prometheus."

I guess I'm terribly inconsistent.
:)

Posted - May 28, 2017

Responses

If Alien 3 was the prison planet it was my least favorite. In some ways I rooted for the aliens. It seemed of no consequence who survived and more important that nothing should get off that world. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 28, 2017 9:09 PM MDT
      May 28, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

Yes, you got the right one - - "Alien3" is on the prison planet one. You make good points about the movie. I agree with you, too. And, upon reflection just now, perhaps I like the movie, in part, for those same points you make - - resigned to the fact that nothing really mattered, other than nothing should get off that world. Thanks for adding your perspective. O-uknow! I love thinking more about the movie this evening for some reason.
      May 28, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

I luv those movies too :)
      May 28, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

I'm right there with you.
      June 15, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

I'm right there with you.
      June 15, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

The first one is good enough for me.
      May 28, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

Ah! GREAT point, Mr. Bromide! Thanks! You're probably right! Everything about the first one is perfect! I would be completely content with just the first one, yes. but, since they started making more . . .  my mind went with them. I especially love Veronica Cartwright's performance and character in "Alien." But I'm biased -- she is my favorite actress in general.
      May 28, 2017 9:19 PM MDT