Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think Trump has got to protect his wife. All she did was read a speech. She did nothing wrong. Paul Manafort said nothing was plagiarized. Trump has to deal with him. Should Manafort be fired?

I think Trump has got to protect his wife. All she did was read a speech. She did nothing wrong. Paul Manafort said nothing was plagiarized. Trump has to deal with him. Should Manafort be fired?

The video of Michelle Obama giving a speech in 2008 and Melania Trump giving her speech last night shows many word-for-word phrases in both speeches. Too many to be coincidence. Trump has to get in front of this and protect his wife. Someone should have vetted the speech before putting her out there. She did a GREAT job.  The words were not hers. What would you do to fix it?  Why?

Posted - July 19, 2016

Responses

Hmm. Did you ever hear a beauty Queen NOT wishing for "peace on earth" ?

A few politically correct phases is not proof of plagiarism ;-))

July 19, 2016 5:56 AM MDT

Is her name really Melania ? very unusual name.

July 19, 2016 5:58 AM MDT

But an entire paragrapgh copied verbatim is.

July 19, 2016 6:06 AM MDT

Yes that is her name.
      July 19, 2016 6:09 AM MDT

They should fire the speech writer who helped her. Whoever that is, that is the person who plagiarized.
      July 19, 2016 6:13 AM MDT

July 19, 2016 8:27 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

There IS software that detects plagiarizing. LOTS of it..  All you gotta DO is use it.  They didn't.. 

Do you really want these people to have control over the nuclear codes??? 

excon

July 19, 2016 8:37 AM MDT

• RosieG,

Are you kidding me?!  THis is the RNC she spoke at! This is perhaps the single most important speech she could ever make.  How does a mistake of this magnitude get made?  Especially when she and drumpf claim that for the most part, she wrote it herself...

c'mon. 

July 19, 2016 8:56 AM MDT

Melania only has silicone in that brain of hers.

Easier to copy a speech than to create her own, besides her English is not good enough.

Sad and Pathetic , just as that orange-tinted baboon she is married to.

July 19, 2016 9:14 AM MDT

Agreed! How he handles this may help determine how i vote. How does he treat his own wife he claims to love. We'll see.
      July 19, 2016 9:17 AM MDT

•   July 19, 2016 9:26 AM MDT

She speaks multiple languages. I think you are unfortunately and surprisingly imputing your disgust with Trump to his wife and I find that surprising and unfair. Since when do the relatives of a candidate whom you despise deserve to be despised? I am angry on her behalf. She should not  have been sent out there with a speech like that. I am, as you know, a Progressive Liberal Uc. I know how to be fair. I hold no animosity against Trump's family. Why do you? Thank you for your reply.

July 19, 2016 10:05 AM MDT

Yes and he had better step up to the plate and do right by her. Thank you for your reply Nelly and Happy Tuesday! :)

July 19, 2016 10:06 AM MDT

((hugs)). I am so ticked off at how badly she was set up. She is a smart, multi-lingual, intelligent woman. She gave a very good speech. Throwing her under the bus is unconscionable. I hope Trump steps up and gets rid of whomever it was that put her in such an embarrassing position. I am livid in fact. Thank you for your reply m2c!  :)

July 19, 2016 10:09 AM MDT

I  completely disagree with thee Step. So what, right? Thank you for your reply. If it were YOUR  wife how would you feel?

July 19, 2016 10:12 AM MDT

Making Melania a villain doesn't sit well with me. Vilifying her and berating her is wrong. Just because we can't stand the Donald is not a good reason to treat her so badly. So she loves a jerk?  Many other women do too. Thank you for your reply excon. If it were your wife how would you feel! :)

July 19, 2016 10:13 AM MDT

• There are many reasons to show disgust with Trump's family.

July 19, 2016 10:18 AM MDT

July 19, 2016 10:21 AM MDT

Yes.  Let us blame people who cannot cover the fact that they are writing a speech for a bimbo.  Good one.   This is the best Trump could drum up?  Blame someone else? 

His stupid wife is the one who makes things worse every time she opens her mouth.  It is why he keeps her in the closet.   SHE IS SO PRIVATE.  Yeah, this is why.  She is unschooled for this. 

Picture Elizabeth Warren giving a speech copied from Michelle Obama.  Picture any wife of a presidential candidate not going over what she is going to say for months beforehand?  I mean, it's not like she is doing anything else.  Besides screwing Donald and staying rich and comfy.

I think women in power should know how to write.  I think they need to write their own speeches.  And that speech was so stultifyingly boring, why would you need HELP to write that swill?   She said nothing. 

I could see if she was busy and was speaking on a circuit or something.   Then she should have interviewed writers and collaborated with them.  Of course, she didn't have the brains to even know how.  But they made some big ass deal out of her appearance like we were going to be mystified at her brilliance.

July 19, 2016 10:24 AM MDT

Oh she believes your word is your BOND.  I think someone should bond her mouth shut.

July 19, 2016 10:34 AM MDT

She copied everything and they are trying to say she didn't. 

Even the idiots on here are defending her and saying she didn't say this stuff.  She SAID it.  She copied Michelle.

July 19, 2016 10:34 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

I wasn't putting HER down..  This wasn't HER fault.  What does SHE know about speeches?  It was the campaign STAFF who were at fault, and they were HIRED by her husband..

excon

July 19, 2016 10:39 AM MDT

Who cares how many languages she speaks. 

WHO CARES if she has a degree in rocket science. 

She copied a woman the Trumps claim to despise and denigrate worse than Hillary.

What is that genius going to do, copy that speech in all the languages she can speak?  I have a girlfriend that can speak 7 languages.  She worked for Air France. She didn't have a drop of any common sense at all.

I see similarities here.   Being rich is no proof of being smart any more than being a good student in a few subjects.  She has no business speaking to anyone if she copies.  Why are you defending this, Rosie?  Why can't you get it?

SHE STOLE A SPEECH like no one is going to notice?  How intelligent is that.  Why does she need her MAN to protect her?

July 19, 2016 10:41 AM MDT

Rosie,   Please get help and stop defending this evil bimbo who is so racist you should WAKE THE HECK UP?

What is so redeeming about her?  She can speak languages that you can't and she is pretty?  She is his 3rd wife who he picked after dumping the other one who he picked after dumping the one before.  She is just arm candy with no political sense what so ever.  This is not a beauty contest. She knew what she was getting into, she should know that Trump is a bum by now, but she defends him and comes to the arena UNPREPARED to speak.  Why does someone so intelligent as you say, lie about her word being her bond when she copied the whole speech.  That line came from Michelle Obama.

I never can respect someone who plagiarizes so BLATANTLY and STUPIDLY.   If you are going soft on Melinia, maybe you need to give her a chance and vote Trump.  I mean what are you thinking?

http://twitter.com/JarrettHill/status/755242423991709697/photo/1

She mostly wrote this.  Oh God.   Sure she did.

July 19, 2016 10:49 AM MDT