Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Names » Has a name been ruined for you?

Has a name been ruined for you?

Is there someone from your past that's hurt you so bad, or just did something so horrible that every time you hear their name or just that name in general it gives you negative feelings? Three names that have been ruined for me are Jacob (or Jake), George, and Lacy.

Posted - July 19, 2016

Responses

No.  No one gets to have that kind of power over me ever.

I cannot stand the thought of my brother sometimes, but I just center myself until it passes.   I won't let that happen.  It is a continual process but I will even do meditations to make sure it never takes more of a hold on me than it does.  I get real mad for an hour or two here and there and then it passes.  I don't like him any better, but I don't dread his existence either.

July 19, 2016 7:13 PM MDT

Oh sadly yes. There is one name in particular when I hear it, it gives me chills.

July 19, 2016 7:41 PM MDT

Funny you should ask. 

July 19, 2016 8:42 PM MDT

(so badly)
      July 19, 2016 8:56 PM MDT

Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy Randy.

~
      July 19, 2016 8:58 PM MDT

• ...Randy. Lol

July 19, 2016 9:08 PM MDT

Nah, life's too short to hang on to that kind of pain/resentment.

I hate the game, not the players...;-D...

July 19, 2016 9:27 PM MDT

• there were a few names, in the past, yeah. thing is... i often forget names, and when it comes to people i dislike strongly, i forget even more. i don't want to say the names that irk me in general, in case it's someone's name who's reading this. a name is a name. i just don't wanna see the face... ya know?

July 19, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

Actually,yes.
      July 20, 2016 2:06 AM MDT

Yes..  When i hear a certain name it causes me to remember someone and the way we ended up losing our close friendship.. Very bad feelings,, upsetting..

July 20, 2016 8:45 AM MDT

YES.......when I was growing up in the 1940's, I was considered a 'sissy'.........oh well!!  also I loved movies - still do - and Betty Grable, who was a HUGE star of that era, was a favorite ot mine........

whenever he'd see me in the halls, etc, he'd say, in a rather loud voice.....'my name is Betty Grable, &   I'm a famous movie star!!"...........how the hell he knew I liked her, I have no idea.......!!!

of course I pretended not to hear, but of course could not help but hearing the titters of those who had heard it.

so to this day the name Keith is repulsive to me!!!!!!!!!!!

November 23, 2016 8:18 AM MST